TASM does not generate a listing

2005-11-04 01:33:24 AM
cppbuilder103
I use BCB6 under XP pro. I need to find out which of my c++ source files in the project refers bdertl.dll entries. I tried to turn on the Project Options->Tasm->Generate Listing, checked Cross refernce & selected several other combinations of Listing Type & other check boxes. Several times I built the project, but no listing was generated in all cases. Just in case I searched for several <c++ source file name>.lst files in all my HD - nothing.
What is incorrecct?
Thanks for any suggestions
Max

Re:TASM does not generate a listing

I use BCB6 under XP pro. I need to find out which of my c++
source files in the project refers bdertl.dll entries. I tried to
turn on the Project Options->Tasm->Generate Listing, checked
Cross refernce & selected several other combinations of Listing
Type & other check boxes. Several times I built the project, but
no listing was generated in all cases. Just in case I searched
for several <c++ source file name>.lst files in all my HD -
nothing.
What is incorrecct?
Thanks for any suggestions
Max

Re:TASM does not generate a listing

Thanks a lot. I will try right now.
Max

{smallsort}

Re:TASM does not generate a listing

Tasm32 generates a listing when it assembles a program. It does not
generate a listing when a C++ source file is compiled because it was not
called.
If you want to find out if a symbol from bdertl.dll are used by a given
object file you could do something like this:
tdump filename.obj>filename.dmp
grep -i symbolname filename.dmp
Alternatively you could use bpr2mak to create a make file from the project
file, edit the make file to include a -B on the compiler (bcc32.exe) command
line and put this on a line in a text file in the project directory named
tasm.cfg
-L
The -B will cause the compiler to build the object file by creating an
assembly source file and passing it to tasm32. The -L in the configuration
file for tasm32 will cause a listing file to be generated.
Assuming that the generated make file is named projname.mak then a command
line to make the project would be:
make -f projname.mak
(where the space after the '-f' and the extension '.mak' are optional)
. Ed
news:436a585c$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...