broken auto-bracing in upd2

anybody noticed that after installation of update 2 auto-bracing
feature of IDE code editor gone crazy or is it just me? now it puts
closing brace '}' every time I hit Enter no matter in which context.
code folding also seems to be broken :(
--
Vladimir Ulchenko aka vavan

Re:broken auto-bracing in upd2

vavan,
This may be due to something in that specific file. Does it happen for a
new C++ form file/unit etc? Can you post an example and sent it to me?
-Adam
"vavan" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
anybody noticed that after installation of update 2 auto-bracing
feature of IDE code editor gone crazy or is it just me? now it puts
closing brace '}' every time I hit Enter no matter in which context.
code folding also seems to be broken :(

--
Vladimir Ulchenko aka vavan

Re:broken auto-bracing in upd2

Hello,
I have the same problem after installing update 2. This makes
impossible to use BDS 2006 with update 2. It there a way to fix this ?
Best Regards, Konstantin

{smallsort}

Re:broken auto-bracing in upd2

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 14:49:28 -0700, "Adam Markowitz"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
This may be due to something in that specific file. Does it happen for a
new C++ form file/unit etc? Can you post an example and sent it to me?
it works fine in new empty form/unit but it doesn't work in any of
units created before upd2. if I'll be able to find minimal test case
I'll send it of course. meanwhile let me repeat my question again: how
to turn off auto-bracing?
--
Vladimir Ulchenko aka vavan

Re:broken auto-bracing in upd2

Hello,
Go to "Tools->Options->Code Insight" and uncheck the "Block completion"
option.
Hope Borland will fix this in the new version of update 2.
Konstantin

Re:broken auto-bracing in upd2

Hello Vladimir,
Try Tools|Options|Editor_Options|(Source File Type:C/C++)|Block Completion.
I had to do the same on some files that made heavy usage of the
preprocessor.
Cheers,
Bruneau.

Re:broken auto-bracing in upd2

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 14:46:54 -0700, "Jean-Marie Babet"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Try Tools|Options|Editor_Options|(Source File Type:C/C++)|Block Completion.

I had to do the same on some files that made heavy usage of the
preprocessor.
thank you one more time, Bruneau, and let's hope Adam will find and
fix that problem soon :)
--
Vladimir Ulchenko aka vavan