Paradox Sort

2005-02-22 02:09:48 PM
cppbuilder101
Hi
I'm wonder to write the most simple source code for sirting my *.db file.
There is two Fields,
KOD and TED both are Numbers.
KOD is not unique, and I want it will sort by KOD.
Please help thx

Re:Paradox Sort

Hello Gretty,
There are two ways of doing this :
1. Creating an index on the field(s) you want the table to be sorted on
;
2. Using TQuery and SQL "SELECT" command with an "ORDER BY" clause.
HTH
Jayme.
"Grety" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escreveu na mensagem
Hi
I'm wonder to write the most simple source code for sirting my *.db file.
There is two Fields,
KOD and TED both are Numbers.
KOD is not unique, and I want it will sort by KOD.
Please help thx

Re:Paradox Sort

Awtch :-( I forget to say that I didn't want use these ways that I already
know.
I have to avoid Indexing and also machine does not support SQL.
thx

news:421b3a46$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Hi
>I'm wonder to write the most simple source code for sirting my *.db
file.
>There is two Fields,
>KOD and TED both are Numbers.
>KOD is not unique, and I want it will sort by KOD.
>Please help thx

{smallsort}

Re:Paradox Sort

Beside the fact, that Pdox is 'End of Life' and should not be used anymore
(as well the BDE is 'End of Life')...
How are you accessing your Pdox tables? How can a 'machine' not sopport SQL?
Jochen

news:421b3dc4$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Hello Gretty,
>
>There are two ways of doing this :
>1. Creating an index on the field(s) you want the table to be sorted
on
>;
>2. Using TQuery and SQL "SELECT" command with an "ORDER BY" clause.
>
>HTH
>
>Jayme.
>

>"Grety" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escreveu na mensagem
>news:421b3a46$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>Hi
>>I'm wonder to write the most simple source code for sirting my *.db
file.
>>There is two Fields,
>>KOD and TED both are Numbers.
>>KOD is not unique, and I want it will sort by KOD.
>>Please help thx

Re:Paradox Sort

Gretty,
If you are accessing Paradox tables through a C++Builder application
you might be using TTable or TQuery components and they are BDE
based, which supports Local SQL language. So you do can use SQL
commands. Have a look in the Help file and search for "Sorting Records".
There is not other way of sorting records, you can try perhaps the
BDE API, which I've never tried due to the complexity of the codes.
HTH
Jayme.
"Grety" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escreveu na mensagem
Awtch :-( I forget to say that I didn't want use these ways that I already
know.
I have to avoid Indexing and also machine does not support SQL.
thx

Re:Paradox Sort

Do you mean Paradox format is hateful and not siutable for us?
And how do you wonder when I say there is not SQL service.
I also dont know SQL and have same view as you look at Paradox :-/
;-) @};-

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Awtch :-( I forget to say that I didn't want use these ways that I
already
>know.
>I have to avoid Indexing and also machine does not support SQL.
>thx
>

>"Jayme Jeffman Filho" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>news:421b3dc4$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>Hello Gretty,
>>
>>There are two ways of doing this :
>>1. Creating an index on the field(s) you want the table to be
sorted
>on
>>;
>>2. Using TQuery and SQL "SELECT" command with an "ORDER BY"
clause.

>>HTH
>>
>>Jayme.
>>

>>"Grety" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escreveu na mensagem
>>news:421b3a46$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>>Hi
>>>I'm wonder to write the most simple source code for sirting my *.db
>file.
>>>There is two Fields,
>>>KOD and TED both are Numbers.
>>>KOD is not unique, and I want it will sort by KOD.
>>>Please help thx

Re:Paradox Sort

Do you mean Paradox format is hateful and not siutable for us?
It is very risky to use Paradox today:
The BDE and Paradox cause a lot of Problems on NTFS-Partitions bigger than 4
GB. The 'OpLock' of modern operating systems is not suitable as well for
Paradox. You should not use the BDE and/or Paradox in new projects. You
will have to live with 'Corrupt Indices', false 'Disk Full Error Messages'
and so on.
If you have to use Paradox, you better use an old NetWare-Server with a
FAT16 partition for the tables.
And how do you wonder when I say there is not SQL service.
I also dont know SQL and have same view as you look at Paradox :-/
I don't understand this?!? (Sorry my english is not that good...)
Jochen

Re:Paradox Sort

Thanks for your reply
I guess I wa wrong with my last view...
So please tell me what kind of Database is OK for me except Paradox and SQL?
Is it good to use EXCEL database?
I don't understand this?!? (Sorry my english is not that good...)
Not important , I was telling a wrong idea... thx