newbie comphensive question

2006-02-22 05:50:37 AM
cppbuilder63
hello all.
i am new to cppbuilder. i have very limited knowledge of C++.
i want to allow user to input a string
and display it on a canvas then the canvas will be save as image file.
Image1->Canvas->TextOut (10, 10, "testing")
how can i save this into a image file ?
please help me and tell me what function to use.
cheers.
mike

Re:newbie comphensive question

"mike" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Image1->Canvas->TextOut (10, 10, "testing")
how can i save this into a image file ?
Image1->Bitmap->SaveToFile("yourfile.bmp");
please help me and tell me what function to use.
Have you looked at the VCL's documentation yet?
Gambit

Re:newbie comphensive question

i have the document with me.
but i dunno which function to use.
can give me some hint please ?
i can use fprintf() and fout to save it as textfile.
but doesnt know how to make it into image
"Remy Lebeau (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >bl

"mike" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

>Image1->Canvas->TextOut (10, 10, "testing")
>how can i save this into a image file ?

Image1->Bitmap->SaveToFile("yourfile.bmp");

>please help me and tell me what function to use.

Have you looked at the VCL's documentation yet?

Gambit

{smallsort}

Re:newbie comphensive question

"mike" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
i have the document with me.
Then you need to learn how to read it. Look up TImage in the index and then
open it. You will see all of the properties and methods that the TImage
class supports. You will see that there is a Picture property of type
TPicture. When you click on the TPicture link, you will then see all of the
properties and methods that the TPicture class supports. And so on.
but i dunno which function to use.
can give me some hint please ?
I already told you earlier exactly what to use:
Image1->Picture->Bitmap->SaveToFile("yourfile.bmp");
Gambit

Re:newbie comphensive question

thanks for the detail explaination.
i will go ahead and read, then try