Requesting clarification about CodeGear C++ dev tools

2007-09-09 01:35:29 AM
cppbuilder41
I admit it: I've been so busy working on my projects, using C++ Builder
v6, that I have fallen completely out of the loop about CodeGear products.
My employer purchased licenses for BDS2006 Architect, so I have that
installed, too.
Now I see on the CodeGear website that the C++ products include:
C++ Builder 2007
RAD Studio 2007
My questions are:
1. What happened to Borland Developer Studio? Is that now supplanted by
RAD Studio?
2. Does the existence of CB2007 mean that CodeGear is going to continue
to support the BCB product (there was all that talk about BCB6 being the
end of the road). And if so, why might I choose CB2007 over RAD2007 or
BDS2006?
Kathleen

Re:Requesting clarification about CodeGear C++ dev tools