Linker Fatal Error: Unable to open XMLINTF.OBJ

2008-05-30 11:08:44 PM
cppbuilder5
I'm receiving the following error and I can't get past it.
[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'XMLINTF.OBJ'
I'm using C++Builder 6. Suggestions?

Re:Linker Fatal Error: Unable to open XMLINTF.OBJ

"Mike Faust" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

I'm receiving the following error and I can't get past it.

[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'XMLINTF.OBJ'

I'm using C++Builder 6. Suggestions?

Did I post this to the wrong group? I haven't seen a response. Can I please get your recommendation.
Thanks in advance!
Mike

Re:Linker Fatal Error: Unable to open XMLINTF.OBJ

This is normally because a library file hasn't been specified.
The lib file contains a load of objects, one of which is probably
xmlintf.obj
(Or the lib path may not include the path to the libfile containing
xmlintf.obj)
HTH Pete
"Mike Faust" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

"Mike Faust" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>I'm receiving the following error and I can't get past it.
>
>[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'XMLINTF.OBJ'
>
>I'm using C++Builder 6. Suggestions?

Did I post this to the wrong group? I haven't seen a response. Can I
please get your recommendation.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

{smallsort}

Mike Faust wrote:
"Mike Faust" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>I'm receiving the following error and I can't get past it.
>
>[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'XMLINTF.OBJ'
>
>I'm using C++Builder 6. Suggestions?

I don't have CPB6 installed, but you could try adding the XMLIntf.dcu
file from the lib directory (at least in RAD Studio) to your project.
HTH
Dennis Cote

Re:Linker Fatal Error: Unable to open XMLINTF.OBJ

Open your project file in a text editor, search for xmlintf.pas -- its got a
bad path -- change the path to something like $(BCB) or $(BDS)....it'll be
OK.