VC6 static lib

2004-06-14 09:44:07 PM
cppbuilder27
I have created GUI (.exe) in BCB6 and I've created DLL using VC6. Is
there a way to link all into one .exe file? I could transform DLL into
static lib project using VC6, but I'm not sure if BCB6 is compatible with
VC6 libraries for static linking??
Thank you.

Re:VC6 static lib

"Oliver Young" <none>wrote:

I have created GUI (.exe) in BCB6 and I've created DLL using VC6. Is
there a way to link all into one .exe file?
No.
I could transform DLL into
static lib project using VC6, but I'm not sure if BCB6 is compatible with
VC6 libraries for static linking??
You cannot call a VC static lib from a Borland DLL or EXE.
Likewise, you can't call a borland static lib from MSVC code.
H^2

Re:VC6 static lib

You can if you have a .lib file for the DLL- just use COFF2OMF to convert
the MS-style library file to a Borland-compatible one and link the new .LIB
file. Of just use IMPLIB to generate an import library from the DLL and
link to that.
Mark
"Harold Howe [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

"Oliver Young" <none>wrote:

>I have created GUI (.exe) in BCB6 and I've created DLL using VC6. Is
>there a way to link all into one .exe file?

No.

>I could transform DLL into
>static lib project using VC6, but I'm not sure if BCB6 is compatible with
>VC6 libraries for static linking??

You cannot call a VC static lib from a Borland DLL or EXE.
Likewise, you can't call a borland static lib from MSVC code.

H^2

{smallsort}

Re:VC6 static lib

"Mark Guerrieri" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
You can if you have a .lib file for the DLL-
But that wasn't his question. He already has an MSVC DLL and a
borland exe. He wants to combine them all into a single EXE by
using a static lib instead of a DLL.
H^2

Re:VC6 static lib

Ahh- I see... you don't event want to distribute the DLL file... my bad.