Assigning a drive letter to com port

2005-04-04 05:02:04 PM
cppbuilder22
Hi,
I want to write a program:
In Windows Explorer, after drag&drop a file to
a pre-defined drive letter (for example F:) the file
should be sent through the COM port to an
external device(digital satellite receiver).
Where should I start?
Do I have to write a device driver? How?
Thanks...

Re:Assigning a drive letter to com port

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 12:02:04 +0300, "Umut Ozden" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:
I want to write a program:
In Windows Explorer, after drag&drop a file to
a pre-defined drive letter (for example F:) the file
should be sent through the COM port to an
external device(digital satellite receiver).
Where should I start?
Do I have to write a device driver? How?
Thanks...
First prove you can send something to the com port, and get the
satellite receiver to process it.
Once you get that working you could simply put the needed data in a
file on your local drive and then pipe it, print it, copy it to the
com port.
Dekaya