Starting Interactive Sessions

2005-11-19 07:48:40 PM
cppbuilder33
I'm doing some research and am hitting a little problem. Basically, I want
to be able to detect when an interactive session is starting. On a notebook,
there are a number of ways this can happen (under, say XP):
1. Ordinary system log on.
2. Logon through the screensaver mechanism.
3. Return from a hibernate.
To detect these states one seems to have to do different things (like
rewrite the GINA, produce your own screensaver, detect the POWER messages,
etc).
Is there one consistent and overall mechanism by which one can detect the
start/return to an interactive session?
Thanks,
John B

Re:Starting Interactive Sessions

Hello,
On xp, or win2000 pro, you can write a 'Winlogon Notification Package' (a
dll)
Find details on
msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp
s.pierre-yves (s.py)
"prunesquallor" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >a écrit dans le message de
I'm doing some research and am hitting a little problem. Basically, I want
to be able to detect when an interactive session is starting. On a
notebook, there are a number of ways this can happen (under, say XP):
1. Ordinary system log on.
2. Logon through the screensaver mechanism.
3. Return from a hibernate.

To detect these states one seems to have to do different things (like
rewrite the GINA, produce your own screensaver, detect the POWER messages,
etc).

Is there one consistent and overall mechanism by which one can detect the
start/return to an interactive session?

Thanks,

John B

Re:Starting Interactive Sessions

Thanks - I'll investigate.
John B

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>I'm doing some research and am hitting a little problem. Basically, I
>want to be able to detect when an interactive session is starting. On a
>notebook, there are a number of ways this can happen (under, say XP):
>1. Ordinary system log on.
>2. Logon through the screensaver mechanism.
>3. Return from a hibernate.
>
>To detect these states one seems to have to do different things (like
>rewrite the GINA, produce your own screensaver, detect the POWER
>messages, etc).
>
>Is there one consistent and overall mechanism by which one can detect the
>start/return to an interactive session?
>
>Thanks,
>
>John B

{smallsort}

Re:Starting Interactive Sessions

As a follow-up, that seems to work great - Thanks!
John B

news:43800f14$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...