Re: What is viable about wxWindows?

2003-11-07 09:23:45 PM
cppbuilder113
Graeme Prentice < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
>I don't mind a c++ replacement for VCL. I think that's a great idea
>but why one that doesn't support standard c++?

What do you mean by this? It's not exception safe and ...
Exception safety is one of the things Borland is contributing to the
wx library, either directly or by commissioning it to be done (I'm not
sure.)
--
Chris (TeamB);

Re:Re: What is viable about wxWindows?

Chris Uzdavinis (TeamB) wrote:

Exception safety is one of the things Borland is contributing to the
wx library, either directly or by commissioning it to be done (I'm not
sure.)

And according to wx groups, from 2.5.x, you can build wxWindows to use
std::string and other standard classes, rather than wxString etc. So
things are changing, time will tell how much, though.
Thanks
Russell