Re: parallel bcc32 build tool

2005-08-20 12:46:10 AM
cppbuilder54
Jonathan Benedicto wrote:
However, I was suprised to see this inside configure-borland.bat:

SET QMAKESPEC=win32-g++ <--------- This line
That's because the open desktop edition does not support other compilers
that mingw (win32-g++). So we use a trick: Let the configure "script"
think its preparing for mingw but prevent it from executing anything mingw
related (-no-qmake -dont-process)
SET QMAKESPEC=win32-borland
Here the qmakespec envvar is corrected.
PATH=
C:\PROGRA~1\Borland\CBUILD~1\Bin
C:\CBuilderX\bin
So it preferes BCB4 before bcc5.6.4.
bcc32 /c project.cpp
Where comes this line from. There is no /c in the makefiles only -c .
I tried it with the free command line tools and there it prints bcc32 /c
makefile.cpp
Let's see if it is make.exe which does not work as expected.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Re: parallel bcc32 build tool

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
Let's see if it is make.exe which does not work as expected.
The builtins.mak is included which adds these inplicit rules before the
makefile's inplicit rules.
.cpp.obj:
commands: $(CC) $(CPPFLAGS) /c $&.cpp
.c.obj:
commands: $(CC) $(CFLAGS) /c $&.c
No wonder why it does not work. So I must find out how to add the "make
-r" parameter to the qmake.exe (which generates the make files)
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Re: parallel bcc32 build tool

helene-lange-weg.mine.nu/Rutsch/cppcorner.html
I saw references to ProjectMaker in this thread, where do I find more
about

{smallsort}

"Dave" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
helene-lange-weg.mine.nu/Rutsch/cppcorner.html

>I saw references to ProjectMaker in this thread, where do I find more
about
Is it standalone or does it integrate with the IDE somehow?
Rob

Re:Re: parallel bcc32 build tool

"Robby Tanner" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
How are people building projects? Has anyone built an extension to the
BCB IDE that runs make directly but calls it from inside the IDE? Or do
you make the changes save them and run from a command-line?
For <= BCB4 then one just opens a command line, cds to the project's dir,
and types make -f Project1.bpr.
For>BCB4, then one just exports the project as a Makefile, and then
compiles like the above steps.
Jonathan

Re:Re: parallel bcc32 build tool

"Robby Tanner" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Is it standalone or does it integrate with the IDE somehow?
AFAIK, it is stand-alone.
Jonathan

Re:Re: parallel bcc32 build tool

"Andreas Hausladen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
A new qt4update.zip is on my server that solves the builtins.mak issue.
(and adds bccx support as far as possible which is not much due to
Dinkumware Standard C Library which is more a "I do not support this
function" library that a Standard C Library).
Thank you. I downloaded it, extracted it, and I changed my PATH so that the
C++BuilderX compiler was used, and ran configure-bccx.bat. It returned
this:
MAKE Version 5.2 Copyright (c) 1987, 2000 Borland
Fatal: 'Makefile.win32-bccx.Release' does not exist - don't know how to
make it
Thank you for trying to get to work.
Jonathan

news:430621b5$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>A new qt4update.zip is on my server that solves the builtins.mak issue.
>(and adds bccx support as far as possible which is not much due to
>Dinkumware Standard C Library which is more a "I do not support this
>function" library that a Standard C Library).

Thank you. I downloaded it, extracted it, and I changed my PATH so that
the C++BuilderX compiler was used, and ran configure-bccx.bat. It
returned this:

MAKE Version 5.2 Copyright (c) 1987, 2000 Borland
Fatal: 'Makefile.win32-bccx.Release' does not exist - don't know how to
bccx is the preview compiler. And it does not work because of
shortcommings in the Dinkumware Standard C Library. Use the
configure-borland.bat instead.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Re: parallel bcc32 build tool

"Andreas Hausladen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
bccx is the preview compiler. And it does not work because of
shortcommings in the Dinkumware Standard C Library. Use the
configure-borland.bat instead.
Ok, Finally make started building qmake. Then the linker returned this:
Error: Unresolved external 'QVectorData::grow(int, int, int, bool)'
referenced from C:\LIB\QTWIN\QT-4\QMAKE\TMP\PROJECT.OBJ
Jonathan

Jonathan Benedicto wrote:
Ok, Finally make started building qmake. Then the linker returned this:

Error: Unresolved external 'QVectorData::grow(int, int, int, bool)'
referenced from C:\LIB\QTWIN\QT-4\QMAKE\TMP\PROJECT.OBJ
This error doesn't happen on my computer. Either my or your C++BuilderX is
not correctly working.
The method is in QVector.cpp which seems to be not added to the link list
on your configuration.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Re: parallel bcc32 build tool

"Andreas Hausladen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
This error doesn't happen on my computer. Either my or your C++BuilderX
is
not correctly working.
The method is in QVector.cpp which seems to be not added to the link list
on your configuration.
Well, I'm not sure what I did but now qmake has been built. Now, I'm
getting errors in uxtheme.h
Error E2146 C:\CBuilderX\include\uxtheme.h 176: Need an identifier to
declare
Error E2146 C:\CBuilderX\include\uxtheme.h 546: Need an identifier to
declare
I think I should be able to fix this. It was recently discussed in
b.p.cppbuilder.nativeapi, so I should find a solution.
Jonathan

Jonathan Benedicto wrote:
Error E2146 C:\CBuilderX\include\uxtheme.h 176: Need an identifier to
declare Error E2146 C:\CBuilderX\include\uxtheme.h 546: Need an
identifier to declare
I got them, too. Simply remove the "typedef" and the obvious misplaced
comma. Borland seems to have copied that file from the Win32SDK without
syntax correction.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Re: parallel bcc32 build tool

"Andreas Hausladen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I got them, too. Simply remove the "typedef" and the obvious misplaced
comma. Borland seems to have copied that file from the Win32SDK without
syntax correction.
Thank you for this quick fix. Now it is compiling.........I think.
Jonathan

"Jonathan Benedicto" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Thank you for this quick fix. Now it is compiling.........I think.
More errors :-(
.\smallobject.cpp:
Error E2268 .\smallobject.h 55: Call to undefined function 'memset' in
function
block_t::init0(int)
Error E2268 .\smallobject.h 114: Call to undefined function 'memcpy' in
function
pool::reallocate(void *,unsigned int,unsigned int)
*** 2 errors in Compile ***
.\tokenengine.cpp:
.\tokenizer.cpp:
Error E2268 .\tokenizer.cpp 102: Call to undefined function 'isspace' in
functio
n Tokenizer::setupScanTable()
Error E2268 .\tokenizer.cpp 105: Call to undefined function 'isalpha' in
functio
n Tokenizer::setupScanTable()
Error E2268 .\tokenizer.cpp 108: Call to undefined function 'isdigit' in
functio
n Tokenizer::setupScanTable()
*** 3 errors in Compile ***
.\rpplexer.cpp:
.\rpp.cpp:
Warning W8080 .\rpp.cpp 411: 'skipNewLineToken' is declared but never used
in fu
nction Preprocessor::parseDefineDirective(Item *)
.\rpptreewalker.cpp:
Error E2238 .\rpptreewalker.cpp 61: Multiple declaration for 'dir' in
function R
ppTreeWalker::evaluateDirective(const Directive *)
Error E2344 .\rpptreewalker.cpp 59: Earlier declaration of 'dir' in
function Rpp
TreeWalker::evaluateDirective(const Directive *)
Error E2034 .\rpptreewalker.cpp 61: Cannot convert 'ErrorDirective *' to
'EmptyD
irective *' in function RppTreeWalker::evaluateDirective(const Directive *)
Error E2034 .\rpptreewalker.cpp 62: Cannot convert 'EmptyDirective *' to
'const
ErrorDirective *' in function RppTreeWalker::evaluateDirective(const
Directive *
)
Error E2342 .\rpptreewalker.cpp 62: Type mismatch in parameter 'directive'
(want
ed 'const ErrorDirective *', got 'EmptyDirective *') in function
RppTreeWalker::
evaluateDirective(const Directive *)
Error E2238 .\rpptreewalker.cpp 65: Multiple declaration for 'dir' in
function R
ppTreeWalker::evaluateDirective(const Directive *)
Error E2344 .\rpptreewalker.cpp 63: Earlier declaration of 'dir' in
function Rpp
TreeWalker::evaluateDirective(const Directive *)
Error E2034 .\rpptreewalker.cpp 65: Cannot convert 'IncludeDirective *' to
'Prag
maDirective *' in function RppTreeWalker::evaluateDirective(const Directive
*)
Error E2034 .\rpptreewalker.cpp 66: Cannot convert 'PragmaDirective *' to
'const
IncludeDirective *' in function RppTreeWalker::evaluateDirective(const
Directiv
e *)
Error E2342 .\rpptreewalker.cpp 66: Type mismatch in parameter 'directive'
(want
ed 'const IncludeDirective *', got 'PragmaDirective *') in function
RppTreeWalke
r::evaluateDirective(const Directive *)
Error E2238 .\rpptreewalker.cpp 69: Multiple declaration for 'dir' in
function R
ppTreeWalker::evaluateDirective(const Directive *)
Error E2344 .\rpptreewalker.cpp 67: Earlier declaration of 'dir' in
function Rpp
TreeWalker::evaluateDirective(const Directive *)
Error E2034 .\rpptreewalker.cpp 69: Cannot convert 'UndefDirective *' to
'Define
Directive *' in function RppTreeWalker::evaluateDirective(const Directive
*)
Error E2034 .\rpptreewalker.cpp 70: Cannot convert 'DefineDirective *' to
'const
UndefDirective *' in function RppTreeWalker::evaluateDirective(const
Directive
*)
Error E2342 .\rpptreewalker.cpp 70: Type mismatch in parameter 'directive'
(want
ed 'const UndefDirective *', got 'DefineDirective *') in function
RppTreeWalker:
:evaluateDirective(const Directive *)
I'm using the C++BuilderX compiler. We ought to release a complete patching
utility / set of instructions to get this to compile on C++BuilderX. :)
Jonathan
Jonathan

Re:Re: parallel bcc32 build tool

"Andreas Hausladen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
No. That is the end of Borland C++ Compiler support. I added the
"#include
<mem.h>" but this only solved the memset, memcpy compiler error. I have
not investigated in that "porting" tool because the compiler bug occured
after added the mem.h header. This tool is only for Qt3 users who want to
port their code to Qt4.
So I can't fully compile QT/Win with BCB ? Were you testing mtbcc32 on on
of the makefiles that have been generated ? Meaning that I now have the
Qt/Win to test mtbcc32 with ?
Aren't my patches enought? :-)
Oh, yes. You've been very helpful and have worked hard. I really appreciate
the work you do for this and Kylix etc.
At the moment (before I go to bed) I port
my patches to the Qt 4.0.1 library which was released today (hmm.
yesterday).
Busy ? <g>
BTW, did you see what I'm doing as posted in b.p.kylix.non-technical ?
Jonathan