Re: DeXter C++ Quality Central bugs resolved so far...

2005-10-06 05:31:04 PM
cppbuilder78
Yes, that's very poor.
"vavan" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 13:42:07 -0400, "Jeff Overcash (TeamB)"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>a) it is not a complete list
>b) many internal only reports have been fixed, but not made public.
>c) not all QC entries are promoted because they are already in the
>internal DB.
>
>I'm not going to comment on personal pet bugs, but the fact that something
>is
>not in the list yet does not mean that a) it hasn't been address or b)
>they
>still plan on addressing it.

I'm not very satisfied with _how_ they "fixed" some of those bugs -
see for example qc#6978

--
Vladimir Ulchenko aka vavan

Re:Re: DeXter C++ Quality Central bugs resolved so far...

Frederik Slijkerman wrote:
Yes, that's very poor.
Nearly as poor as top-posting :)
--
Andrue Cope [TeamB]
[Bicester, Uk]

Re:Re: DeXter C++ Quality Central bugs resolved so far...

No, bottom posting is poor. You are making the same sort of mistake that Borland made. ;>
Andrue Cope [TeamB] wrote:
Frederik Slijkerman wrote:

>Yes, that's very poor.

Nearly as poor as top-posting :)

{smallsort}

Randall Parker < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
No, bottom posting is poor. You are making the same sort of mistake that Borland made. ;>
Ah. You believe in answers before that which is answered.
You must be a riot in conversation.
Alan Bellingham
--
Team Thai Kingdom
<url:www.borland.com/newsgroups/>Borland newsgroup descriptions

Re:Re: DeXter C++ Quality Central bugs resolved so far...

In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
Alan Bellingham < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Ah. You believe in answers before that which is answered.

You must be a riot in conversation.
Yoda like he is.
--
-David

Re:Re: DeXter C++ Quality Central bugs resolved so far...

Why waste time reading the question if the answer brings enlightenment?
Why read all the associated material for context if you already know the context?
Why repeat back a question before answering the question?

David Dean < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
Alan Bellingham < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>Ah. You believe in answers before that which is answered.
>
>You must be a riot in conversation.

Yoda like he is.
There's an extremely clever comedy sketch by the British pair The Two
Ronnies, in which a quiz program is run, in which the answer is always
supplied before the question. If you mentally reorder all the questions
and answers, the result is perfectly sensible if somewhat mundane.
In the actual order they occur, the result is side splittingly funny.
Alan Bellingham
--

"Alan Bellingham" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
There's an extremely clever comedy sketch by the British pair The Two
Ronnies, in which a quiz program is run, in which the answer is always
supplied before the question. If you mentally reorder all the questions
and answers, the result is perfectly sensible if somewhat mundane.
It took a while to find it, but I'm glad I did...
tinyurl.com/chq2l
... enjoy...
- Roddy

At 21:31:49, 06.10.2005, Randall Parker wrote:
Why waste time reading the question if the answer brings enlightenment?
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"Statistics is like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive.
What they conceal is vital."
-- Arthur Koestler

Re:Re: DeXter C++ Quality Central bugs resolved so far...

A: I hate having to page down looking for what the response says, especially when
I've just read the previous post that is being responded to.
Q: Why do you hate bottom posting?
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] wrote:
At 21:31:49, 06.10.2005, Randall Parker wrote:

>Why waste time reading the question if the answer brings enlightenment?

A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Re:Re: DeXter C++ Quality Central bugs resolved so far...

Oh, and you need to fix this question:
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail for Rudy Velthius?
Substitute in my name and the answer would be "bottom posting".
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] wrote:
At 21:31:49, 06.10.2005, Randall Parker wrote:

>Why waste time reading the question if the answer brings enlightenment?

A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Re:Re: DeXter C++ Quality Central bugs resolved so far...

At 23:23:34, 06.10.2005, Randall Parker wrote:
A: I hate having to page down looking for what the response says,
I hate having to read conversations in reverse. <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."

Re:Re: DeXter C++ Quality Central bugs resolved so far...

At 23:23:34, 06.10.2005, Randall Parker wrote:
especially when I've just read the previous post that is being
responded to.
If you think you don't need the quotes, then why quote at all? If you
need them to get a context (i.e. as a reminder of what was discussed
previously), you'll have to scroll down anyway.
On newsgroups, replies don't come in at once, and most definitely not
what you say makes sense. If you read multiple threads on multiple
newsgroups, simply when new messages come in, it doesn't. You'll probably
need the quotes as a reminder of what was discussed in that part of the
thread anyway.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"Science is like sex: sometimes something useful comes out, but that is

At 23:24:34, 06.10.2005, Randall Parker wrote:
Oh, and you need to fix this question:

Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail for Rudy
Velthius?
Who is he? <g>
Anyway, that quote was from someone else, so not only to me. Look what
others say about this:
www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/quote.html
alt-usage-english.org/posting_quotes.html
homepage.ntlworld.com/g.mccaughan/g/remarks/uquote.html
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"Object-oriented programming is a style of programming designed to

Re:Re: DeXter C++ Quality Central bugs resolved so far...

Exactly
. Ed
news:43457b1d$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...