Re: TeamB should be reevaluated

2007-08-21 07:47:15 AM
cppbuilder106
"Chris Uzdavinis (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>>>That is not correctly.
>>
>>Neither is that. s/ly//
>
>And since this is a C++ forum and not a Perl forum, neither is "s/ly//"
>;-)

Nobody writes their forum posts primarily in C++. Could you imagine
having to do this in each post:

#include <iostream>
#include <ostream>
int main()
{
std::cout << "Hi, I'm having trouble getting my program to work..."
<< "..."
<< "..."
<< "..."
<< "Any ideas? Thanks"
<< std::endl;
}
Touche!
- Dennis

Re:Re: TeamB should be reevaluated

I've been using BCB since V4... and hence been dealing with TeamB for almost
10 years....I usually get answers in 24 hours that are thoughtful, and
salient to the issue. I also deal with M/S VC++/VS .... God I wish they had
a team B. By the way I am also a contract support holder with
Borland/Codegear...and I've never used it.....
"JD" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

First and foremost, TeamB(orland) no longer seems approiate.
I'd be surprised if I was the first to note this but I have to
say that I like 'B' because it's second and there's always some
one better but when does the name-change take effect?

I like TeamC because it's one less than 'B' and the child
(CodeGear) is .... well, any {*word*62} (parent) would get that.

And ... while you're at it ....

Replace TeamB members who benifit from being a member but no
longer actively particpate. Just looking at the list, I could
name a dozen who should be replaced and 2 dozen more from which
to replace them.

~ JD

Re:Re: TeamB should be reevaluated

...Do you do standup...
No, haven't tried it. TeamB pays so much better.
. Ed
JD wrote in message
news:46ca21d5$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>[...] Unfortunately they neglected to take my temperature.

ROTFLMAO!

Do you do standup (not including urination)?

{smallsort}

Re:Re: TeamB should be reevaluated

...I also deal with M/S VC++/VS .... God I wish they had a team B...
To be fair, MS set up an organization called MVP (most valuable person or
programmer or something - don't remember which) copying TeamB. They answer
questions in the Microsoft newsgroups on the msnews.microsoft.com server. I
have found them responsive and somewhat useful when dealing with Windows
questions (not programming questions).
Now if they could only tell me how to fix IE's problems with stepping back
when there are a bunch of links from the host file (doubleclick.net, etc)
and the problems with it complaining about loading ActiveX when loading a
page which has no ActiveX (not even JavaScript) from my hard drive.
. Ed
news:46ca32dc$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

"ActuaryOne" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I've been using BCB since V4... and hence been dealing with TeamB for
almost 10 years....I usually get answers in 24 hours that are thoughtful,
and salient to the issue. I also deal with M/S VC++/VS .... God I wish
they had a team B. By the way I am also a contract support holder with
Borland/Codegear...and I've never used it.....
I find the MS groups to be fairly helpful. I mostly monitor
the language group and the stl group. The MVPs are similar to TeamB. The
STL group is frequented by the Dinkumware guys so you get pretty quick
I don't agree with the topic of this thread though. I think without TeamB
we would have dumped Borland around BCC5.02. I think they do an
excellent job supporting Borland and c++ in general.

"JD" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
Chris Uzdavinis (TeamB) < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>It's hard for me to talk about VCL or native API and other
>things that only pertain to windows and BCB, because I don't
>have a machine that runs windows, and haven't much
>experience with those areas.

Case-in-point (but you fake it well <g>) !
Could you remind me what was the point? When I joined, there were
enough C++ teamb-ers to have specialities in different C++ areas. I
was brought on for the language group, primarily.
--
Chris (TeamB);

"JD" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
Chris Uzdavinis (TeamB) < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>>but what I have learned from this thread is that it (TeamB
>>membership) depends on the need. IOW, new members are added
>>as needed for a specific group (and seldom on merit). However,
>>if one examines the list at:
>
>That is not correctly.

That would be 'incorreclty' how <g>?
"Seldomly on merit."
>There has never been a time when we added a warm body just
>to fill an empty position. Well, except perhaps when I was
>invited to join. :)

Didn't I already say that? Hmmm, maybe I was thinking of
Thomas. Oh, no ... it was definately Ed.
We're a humble bunch.
--
Chris (TeamB);

Chris Uzdavinis (TeamB) < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:

It's hard for me to talk about VCL or native API and other things
that only pertain to windows and BCB, because I don't have a machine
that runs windows, and haven't much experience with those areas.
Same thing for me (wrt the machine where I write posts).
I would never write about anything VCL related if I didn't know that
there is Remy who will correct me if I goof things up.

Re:Re: TeamB should be reevaluated

"Ed Mulroy [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
You have found me out. I was picked back in the salad days when
Borland had money and decided to just add a warm body.
Unfortunately they neglected to take my temperaturre.
I think that you were hired when they needed a really cool guy. :-)

Ed Mulroy [TeamB] wrote:
To be fair, MS set up an organization called MVP (most valuable person or
programmer or something - don't remember which) copying TeamB. They answer
One of my colleagues is a VC++ MVP (P is for Professional). What are the
chances of a TeamB and MVP people working together, eh? :)

Thomas Maeder [TeamB] wrote:
I think that you were hired when they needed a really cool guy. :-)
Oh!!!

"Alex Bakaev [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
One of my colleagues is a VC++ MVP (P is for Professional).
What are the chances of a TeamB and MVP people working
together, eh? :)
I was a Microsoft MVP back in '99 - a year before I received Borland's STAR
award, and 3 years before I was invited to TeamB.
Gambit

Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
I was a Microsoft MVP back in '99 - a year before I received Borland's STAR
award, and 3 years before I was invited to TeamB.

You can't beat that Gambit.

Re:Re: TeamB should be reevaluated

I was a Microsoft MVP back in '99 - a year before I received Borland's STAR
award, and 3 years before I was invited to TeamB.

You left out your status as a member of the X-Men. ;-)
Danzer

Re:Re: TeamB should be reevaluated

I think that you were hired when they needed a really cool guy. :-)
Flattery will get you everywhere!
. Ed
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...