Help installing components

2007-07-20 07:12:09 AM
cppbuilder16
I'm trying to do what ought to be a simple task -- install the
TurboPower AsyncPro components for use in C++ Builder 2007.
I first loaded Delphi 2007. The 'modified' packages from sourceforge
worked fine.
I then loaded C++ Builder 2007. When attempting to get the packages to
generate the C++ files, I get all sorts of errors. Primarily, I get
errors like this:
[DCC Warning] AdITapi.pas(119):W1025 Unsupported language feature
'dispinterface'
I've attempted to 'start fresh' by attempting to create a C++ Builder
package, and then adding in the .PAS files from AsyncPro into the 'project'.
This didn't work either, possibly because I've not (yet) properly
separated out the run-time from the design-time files.
Any assistance or clues would be most appreciated. I'm working a deadline.
David Erbas-White

Re:Help installing components

In article <469fefc8$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
David Erbas-White < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
[DCC Warning] AdITapi.pas(119):W1025 Unsupported language feature
'dispinterface'
Check the .pas file for a conditional define that you might need to
define like CBuilder
If you have both Delphi 2007 and C++Builder 2007, you should be able
to install them together on the same machine and then the install should
go the same as you would have done in BDS 2006 building and installing
in Delphi, but set to generate the C++ files.
--
-David Dean
CodeGear C++ QA Engineer

David Dean [CodeGear] wrote:
In article <469fefc8$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
David Erbas-White < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>[DCC Warning] AdITapi.pas(119):W1025 Unsupported language feature
>'dispinterface'

Check the .pas file for a conditional define that you might need to
define like CBuilder

If you have both Delphi 2007 and C++Builder 2007, you should be able
to install them together on the same machine and then the install should
go the same as you would have done in BDS 2006 building and installing
in Delphi, but set to generate the C++ files.

I'm in the process of doing that, and thought that I HAD done that, but
it's not going well.
I would add there appears to be some kind of (very preexisting) bug in
the project upgrade functionality. When I loaded in an 'older' project
file, the program 'updated' it, and I saved it under another name.
However, my original project file was trashed (appeared to have bogus
text lines in it). IIRC, this is something that's been problematic (for
YEARS), as I've had it happen many times with many previous versions and
products. I vaguely recall some commentary on it a few years back, and
the Borland response was along the lines of a) people only upgrade
projects once, so it's not that important, and b) it's best to start
over and manually add projects anyway.
I have to say that I had hoped, over the years, that some of that had
changed. However, when my 'project file' was updated, I received a
message that 'your file has been updated, click OK to continue or Help
for more information.' I expected clicking on Help would tell me WHAT
had changed and WHY, but instead I get the wonderful message along the
lines of 'your file has been updated for changes in the new format,
include X files, Y files, and Z files...'
Not very informative... <G>
David Erbas-White

{smallsort}