Word without ole

2006-05-05 11:55:11 PM
cppbuilder60
Hello,
I'd like to extract plain text and properties (author, comments,...)
from MS word documents. I tried using ole but is very slow and in
{*word*60}ion i can't get property informations. Is there any way to get
those infos directly?
Thank you in advance, Francesco

Re:Word without ole

<Francesco>wrote in message news:445b755f$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Hello,

I'd like to extract plain text and properties (author, comments,...)
from MS word documents. I tried using ole but is very slow and in
{*word*60}ion i can't get property informations. Is there any way to get
those infos directly?

Thank you in advance, Francesco

good question.
I had no problems with IStream approach, it was not noticeably slower
compared against direct BIFF reading, and it does have an advantage:
portability (unless you get notified by MS on any file format changes).

Re:Word without ole

yes good question, but no any answer,
except u...
Francesco