Re: Obtain a copy of the old BCC5.5 -- Without having to supplypersonal data ?

2005-10-10 03:50:51 AM
cppbuilder6
Thomas Maeder [TeamB] < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schreef in berichtnieuws
XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
"R.Wieser" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:

>I would like to obtain a copy of the old BCC5.5 (as it's present in

Your question is about C++ Builder, while this group is about Borland
C++.
I'm sorry, but that was exactly what I was talking about : The C++
compiler-component (allso called, on Borlands website, BCC5), as available
in that builder package.
FYI : that compiler-component is advertised as having an 7.8 MB size. I
don't think that is nearly enough for the whole builder-package, don't you
think ? :-)
Hope that clarifies it.
Regards,
Rudy Wieser

Re:Re: Obtain a copy of the old BCC5.5 -- Without having to supplypersonal data ?

"R.Wieser" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
FYI : that compiler-component is advertised as having an 7.8 MB
size. I don't think that is nearly enough for the whole
builder-package, don't you think ? :-)
I wasn't writing about size. I was writing about product. The product
you are writing about is C++ Builder.
Yes, it identifies itself as BCC. Yes, it's small. But it's still C++
Builder.

R.Wieser wrote:
Thomas Maeder [TeamB] < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schreef in berichtnieuws
XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>"R.Wieser" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
>

>>I would like to obtain a copy of the old BCC5.5 (as it's present in
>
>Your question is about C++ Builder, while this group is about Borland
>C++.

I'm sorry, but that was exactly what I was talking about : The C++
compiler-component (allso called, on Borlands website, BCC5), as available
in that builder package.

FYI : that compiler-component is advertised as having an 7.8 MB size. I
don't think that is nearly enough for the whole builder-package, don't you
think ? :-)

Hope that clarifies it.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

Hello,
This forum is about the old Borland C++ line of products,
up to Borland C++ 5.02.
The free compiler package contains the command-line tools
from C++ Builder 5, that's why it is considered as from the
C++ Builder series of tools and is discussed in
cppbuilder.commandlinetools
To answer your original question - when the free compiler
was first released, there were troubles with the download,
the ftp server was overloaded, etc.
Broland was asked to permit making mirrors of the dosnload file,
and they refused this. If their policy hasn't changed, I think
you will have to go through the registering process before
you can download it.
Of course, if you get a copy from someone else, who have
downloaded it already, I doubt if you will be sued :-)
Jogy

{smallsort}