Duplicate Database name

2005-10-11 06:00:33 AM
cppbuilder93
Hi,
I m getting Edatabase error : duplicate database name!
Here is the code,
Database1->DatabaseName = "TEMP";
Database1->Connected = true;
DataSource1->DataSet = Table1;
Table1->TableName = Edit1->Text;
Table1->DatabaseName = "TEMP";
Table1->Active = true;
DBGrid1->DataSource = DataSource1;
DBGrid1->Columns->Add();
Bytheway, is there a way to dynamically open tables in a DBGrid???
thanks

Re:Duplicate Database name

It is possible that temp is a special name to whatever database you are
using. Try using a different name.
. Ed
Cenk wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

I m getting Edatabase error : duplicate database name!
Here is the code,

Database1->DatabaseName = "TEMP";
Database1->Connected = true;

DataSource1->DataSet = Table1;

Table1->TableName = Edit1->Text;
Table1->DatabaseName = "TEMP";
Table1->Active = true;

DBGrid1->DataSource = DataSource1;
DBGrid1->Columns->Add();

Bytheway, is there a way to dynamically open tables in a DBGrid??? thanks

Re:Duplicate Database name

TEMP is NOT a special name! Please check in the Builder project - there is
two TDatabase components with identical DatabaseName. They should not be
identical.
Juris
"Ed Mulroy" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
It is possible that temp is a special name to whatever database you are
using. Try using a different name.

. Ed

>Cenk wrote in message
>news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>
>I m getting Edatabase error : duplicate database name!
>Here is the code,
>
>Database1->DatabaseName = "TEMP";
>Database1->Connected = true;
>
>DataSource1->DataSet = Table1;
>
>Table1->TableName = Edit1->Text;
>Table1->DatabaseName = "TEMP";
>Table1->Active = true;
>
>DBGrid1->DataSource = DataSource1;
>DBGrid1->Columns->Add();
>
>Bytheway, is there a way to dynamically open tables in a DBGrid??? thanks

{smallsort}

Re:Duplicate Database name

You posted here, in the newsgroup for the old Borland C++ compiler. I do
not remember all of the details of the database stuff it provided back in
1997 and a special name of "temp" was possible.
For best results post C++ Builder questions in newsgroups where that
compiler is covered, groups with the word 'cppbuilder' in their name.
. Ed
news:434b5922$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...