dclite.bpl problem

2006-12-05 09:58:58 PM
cppbuilder13
Hi all
I hope someone can help me.
I have been using C++Builder 6 for a couple of years on XP Pro without any
problems. I had to do a reformat and reinstall but now I get access
violation when I try to access the project options, something to do with not
being able to load dclite.bpl.
Any ideas would be great.
Thanks
Stephen

Re:dclite.bpl problem

Please ask C++ Builder questions in newsgroups where people familiar with
that product are found, groups with the word 'cppbuilder' in their name.
This group is for the old Borland C++ compiler.

Re:dclite.bpl problem

Hi all
I hope someone can help me.
I have been using C++Builder 6 for a couple of years on XP Pro without any
problems. I had to do a reformat and reinstall but now I get access
violation when I try to access the project options, something to do with not
being able to load dclite.bpl.
Any ideas would be great.
Thanks
Stephen

{smallsort}

Re:dclite.bpl problem

problems. I had to do a reformat and reinstall but now I get access
violation when I try to access the project options, something to do with not
being able to load dclite.bpl.
"d" is for "design" and "ite" is "integrated translation environment"
so that is the design package for ITE. ITE is an expert that hooks into
IDE events to extend it's functionality into project and project group
management. I suggest checking the ..\bin directory and then the
Registry for dclite to see if you can see anything wrong with that
package. Do you remmeber seeing package load errors on any IDE launch?
Do you see dclite on the disabled packages list in the Registry. You can
remove dclite from the packages list you see in the Registry and that
will remove ITE functionality, of course. Also, check that all the
dependencies are being found, e.g. the non-design packages that make up
ITE: itecore, iteide, etc.
--Craig