Re: About CompBAR (Component Bar)

2005-11-17 08:07:32 PM
cppbuilder29
Nathanial Woolls wrote:
Could you, instead, say what features CnWizards has that make
Castalia "not worth buying"?
Nope sorry, you will have to download and try it by yourself.

Re:Re: About CompBAR (Component Bar)

Nathanial Woolls wrote:
I'll stick to using products
with professional users, like Castalia, MMX, and GExperts.
Great, in fact I'm happy that you won't use CnWizards.
By the way, I use MMX too.

Re:Re: About CompBAR (Component Bar)

Fred Derf wrote:
You forgot to mention that cnPack is a fine piece of software too. In
fact, ISTM that nobody in his right mind would pay for Castalia after
trying cnPack IDE wizards.
First, that is an incredibly immature thing to say about someone else's
product. Second, not everyone who uses Delphi is a cheap bastard trying
to get his hands on anything without paying money. The small amount
invested in Castalia is well worth it.
Thirdly, and probably most importantly, having looked at the "features"
of CnWizards, *none* of them step on Castalia's toes or replace any of
the key functionality of Castalia. In fact, they don't even come close.
If anything, it looks like CnWizards might replace GExperts, another
*free* set of enhancements.

{smallsort}

Re:Re: About CompBAR (Component Bar)

I just downloaded the latest version of CnWizards, wow!!!
My whole Delphi 7 IDE has become brilliant, working a lot more like my
Intellij Java environment I use at work.
Good going boys....
David McCallum

David McCallum wrote:
My whole Delphi 7 IDE has become brilliant, working a lot more like my
Intellij Java environment I use at work.
From the screenshots it definately seems to have some handy features
and functions. I just don't see any that would make someone not want to
buy Castalia.

Re:Re: About CompBAR (Component Bar)

Fred Derf wrote:
I can only say ROTFLMAO. Come back when you have tried CnWizards.
Could you, instead, say what features CnWizards has that make Castalia
"not worth buying"?

Re:Re: About CompBAR (Component Bar)

Fred Derf wrote:
Seems that some people don't like to hear the truth.
No, the problem is that some people don't appreciate "mine is bigger
than yours" comments on professional forums. If you like CnWizards,
great. Tell people that. You don't have to trash on other products as
well.

Fred Derf wrote:
Nope sorry, you will have to download and try it by yourself.
So, you're going to claim it's better than a competing product without
even saying what features it has or what it can do that may replace said
product. Nice try troll. I'll stick to using products with
professional users, like Castalia, MMX, and GExperts.

Re:Re: About CompBAR (Component Bar)

My First point of view on CNPack :
- it is a fantastic set of experts for Delphi !
- it is free
- it is reliable
I will not compare it with other free / commercial product.
Just download it and test it.
Why are some of you "spitting" on the CNPack developper Team ?
It is because of these "pirated" files founds on their FTP server ?
Now what is the link between these "pirated" (without sources) files and
CNPack ?
Have you checked the CNPAck sources (also available for download) ?

Re:Re: About CompBAR (Component Bar)

Hey,
There is no evidence that CnWizards team that is using so called "Piracy"
software. I could hacke its ftp and upload my stuff. Wait to tommorow and
claim that they use my "Piracy" software.
Tiger
"John E. Wilfong" <j[nospam]wilfong@[reversethis]moc.loa>wrote in message
Fred Derf wrote:

>He didn't provide any reasons. He posted a link to a thread in which I
>can't find any reasons to say that they are not operating ethically.

?????

Piracy is not ethical!!

Watch for line wrapping of the link. You must not be seeing the same
thread. You should be presented with a thread positioned on message 11.
This message has links to screen captures of files that were on cnpacks
server that appears pirated. Message 7 and 13 goes into how this
conclusion is reached. It's a rather long thread of around 40 messages.

The contents of this linked thread, the obvious piracy, is reason enough
for drawing conclusions of an ethical, or unethical, operation. Piracy was
actually admitted when the cnPack folks provided an explanation for files
found. Everyone has to draw thier own individual conclusions based on
whether they believe this explanation.

--
John

Re:Re: About CompBAR (Component Bar)

"David McCallum" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
I just downloaded the latest version of CnWizards, wow!!!

My whole Delphi 7 IDE has become brilliant, working a lot more like my
Intellij Java environment I use at work.

Good going boys....
My favorite things about cnPack are that it coexists with GExperts just fine
and hasn't crashed my IDE. I am sorry to say that CodeRush regularly crashed
my IDE. I was using my licensed retail version. Castalia also crashed my IDE
when I installed the trial (last year I think).
But since I use Delphi 6, I don't really expect a fix for these issues from
the two retailers. I guess the GExperts guys and cnPack guys test on more
antiquated systems, like mine, or with similar component libraries. Either
way, no IDE crashes with GExperts and cnPack.
-Johnnie

Re:Re: About CompBAR (Component Bar)

cnPack is known in the Delphi community for its involvement in software
piracy.
Hey,
You don't have any evidence that they're using/involving so called
"Piracy" software. I could hacked in your ftp and upload any hacked
copyrighted stuff. Wait to tomorrow and claim you're involving in software
piracy. and all the potiential customers will goes to buy mine. This could
be another good way to destroy your competitors.
Tiger

Re:Re: About CompBAR (Component Bar)

Hey,
I really don't understand what's your purpose to metion they have involved
in the software priacy? You don't have any evidence that they're
using/involving so called "Piracy" software. I could hacked in your ftp and
upload any hacked copyrighted stuff. Wait to tomorrow and claim you're
involving in software piracy. and all the potiential customers will go to
buy mine. This could be another good way to destroy your competitors.
Tiger

Re:Re: About CompBAR (Component Bar)

Tiger,
I wasn't going to reply until I saw three different posts from you, all
containing the same "Wait to tomorrow" threat that you could/would hack into
ftp sites and upload pirated software. Word of advice: making threats in
your posts is not a good way to convince people that they are wrong and you
are right.
True, Jacob DID mention first about cnPack being involved in a software
piracy scandal. However, his post does not read like he was trying to
destroy a competitor. He was offering dageek advice.
A lot of people follow the "guilty by association" mentality. Is it fair?
Not really. But is it a fact of life? Without a doubt. For those
individuals who don't look beyond the cnPack piracy scandal and refuse to
use their products (and don't be naive, those individuals DO exist), they
may also avoid looking at CompBar because of its association with cnPack.
That's all.
Jacob's post was advice to dageek on how to avoid this happening to CompBar.
He even states "CompBAR is a fine piece of software".
True, Jacob did refer to the cnPack Team as "known pirates". Are they?
Only they know for sure. No one can prove with 100% certainty that they
placed the pirated software on their site. Just like you can't prove they
didn't put it there. Does at least part of the Delphi community believe
them to be involved? The answer there would have to be YES (otherwise this
thread would not exist).
However, whether or not cnPack was knowingly involved does not matter. The
Delphi community DOES know of them associated with software piracy. And the
best thing for CompBar's continued success is not to be associated with
that. As evidence of this, see dageek's post where it is stated "I decided
to cancel the
integration process with CnWizards" because of the scandal.
Note: I am NOT saying the cnPack Team are software pirates or even that they
use pirated software!
Rich

Rich Ackerson wrote:
Tiger,

I wasn't going to reply until I saw three different posts from you, all
containing the same "Wait to tomorrow" threat that you could/would hack into
ftp sites and upload pirated software. Word of advice: making threats in
your posts is not a good way to convince people that they are wrong and you
are right.
I had to read Tiger's posts several times before I understood what he
was saying. I don't think he is a native english speaker and I do not
think he was threatening anyone. I think it should read like this:
I could hack into your ftp and upload any hacked copyrighted stuff, then
wait until the next day and claim you're involved in software piracy.
However, whether or not cnPack was knowingly involved does not matter. The
Delphi community DOES know of them associated with software piracy. And the
best thing for CompBar's continued success is not to be associated with
that. As evidence of this, see dageek's post where it is stated "I decided
to cancel the
integration process with CnWizards" because of the scandal.

Note: I am NOT saying the cnPack Team are software pirates or even that they
use pirated software!
I agree 100%. I was thinking of posting something along those lines
myself. The point here isn't whether or not CnPack is actually guilty
of anything. What is important (to dageek) is that, whether the
contributors to CnPack like it or not, it is a *fact* that they have
been assocated with piracy. People who are considering assocating their
products with CnPack deserve to know that beforehand.