Send email with TNMSMTP AND TNMPOP3

2005-02-18 05:14:57 AM
cppbuilder49
Can anyone provide me with an example of how to send an email using TNMSMTP AND TNMPOP3 to an hotmail address? i am using BCB6
Thanks,

Re:Send email with TNMSMTP AND TNMPOP3

"Danid" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Can anyone provide me with an example of how to send
an email using TNMSMTP AND TNMPOP3 to an
hotmail address?
POP3 is for receiving email, not for sending it. SMTP is for sending email.
Do you have a paid account with Hotmail? If not, then you cannot access
Hotmail via POP3 or SMTP.
As for using TNMPOP3 and TNMSMTP, what exactly are you having a problem
with?
Gambit

Re:Send email with TNMSMTP AND TNMPOP3

Thanks Gambit for your reply.
Some time a go I could be able to send an email from my application using SMTP. I have a regular Hotmail account and I could receive email on my Junk mail box. But when I tried today I couldn't receive anyone. I thought may be there are some other ways to send emails?

"Danid" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news:42150951$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Can anyone provide me with an example of how to send
>an email using TNMSMTP AND TNMPOP3 to an
>hotmail address?

POP3 is for receiving email, not for sending it. SMTP is for sending email.
Do you have a paid account with Hotmail? If not, then you cannot access
Hotmail via POP3 or SMTP.

As for using TNMPOP3 and TNMSMTP, what exactly are you having a problem
with?

Gambit

{smallsort}

Re:Send email with TNMSMTP AND TNMPOP3

"Danid" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Some time a go I could be able to send an email from my application
using SMTP. I have a regular Hotmail account and I could receive
email on my Junk mail box. But when I tried today I couldn't receive
anyone. I thought may be there are some other ways to send emails?
As I mentioned earlier, POP3 and SMTP access to Hotmail are only available
to paying members.
Gambit