indy9.0.18_source.zip --- no directory structure and no .bat files

2006-06-30 08:37:42 PM
cppbuilder89
Hi,
I downloaded "indy9.0.18_source.zip". It doesn't contain any directories or ".bat" files
although they are mentioned in the installation instructions at the web-site (in the KB).
I went to "www.indyproject.org/Sockets/Download/index.en.aspx"
then took the link:
www.indyproject.org/Sockets/Download/Borland.en.aspx
(I have BCB 6 Enterprise).
then took:
www.indyproject.org/Sockets/Download/Files/Indy9.en.aspx
then
www.indyproject.org/downloads/indy9.0.18_source.zip
Where have I gone wrong?
Regards,
Rod.
-- Rod
Please note that, due to time differences etc, it might be 24hrs before I
get back to this group so please consider yourselves thanked for any help
you may be able to provide.

Re:indy9.0.18_source.zip --- no directory structure and no .bat files

"Rod" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I downloaded "indy9.0.18_source.zip". It doesn't contain
any directories
It is not supposed to. Indy 9 did not have any directory hierarchy like
Indy 10 does.
or ".bat" files although they are mentioned in the installation
instructions at the web-site (in the KB).
That is already a known issue. Download the 9.0.50 development snapshot
instead. Which you should do anyway since 9.0.18 is old.
Gambit

Re:indy9.0.18_source.zip --- no directory structure and no .bat files

Hi Remy,
the only version 9 I can find is on this link <see below>and there is NO version 9.0.50
<I'm using BCB6.>
www.indyproject.org/Sockets/Download/Files/Indy9.en.aspx
The latest version listed is:
# Current Development Snapshot - These are the files directly from our Version Control System.
Information.
# 9.0.18 Source code distribution (posted on 11 November 2004)
* ZIP
Regards,
Rod.
:>
:>"Rod" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
:>news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
:>
[...]

{smallsort}

Re:indy9.0.18_source.zip --- no directory structure and no .bat files

Its quite easy to miss; I did. Click the "Information" hyperlink:
Source Code Releases
These releases are maintained and distributed by the Indy Core development
team.
Note: These contains source files only with no installation support or
precompiled binaries. If you need further help, please see the support page.
a.. Current Development Snapshot - These are the files directly from our
Version Control System. Information.
"Rod" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hi Remy,
the only version 9 I can find is on this link <see below>and
there is NO version 9.0.50
<I'm using BCB6.>

www.indyproject.org/Sockets/Download/Files/Indy9.en.aspx

Re:indy9.0.18_source.zip --- no directory structure and no .bat files

"Paul" <not XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Thanks Paul.
"Information", as a heading, didn't quite do it for me as being a download source!!
Anyway, thanks to you, I've downloaded "Indy9.zip" from the following link:
indy.fulgan.com/ZIP/
Now, for the hard part.
Thanks,
Rod.
:>>"Remy Lebeau \(TeamB\)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
:>>Hi Remy,
:>>the only version 9 I can find is on this link <see below>and
:>>there is NO version 9.0.50
:>><I'm using BCB6.>
:>>
:>>www.indyproject.org/Sockets/Download/Files/Indy9.en.aspx
:>
-- Rod
Please note that, due to time differences etc, it might be 24hrs before I
get back to this group so please consider yourselves thanked for any help
you may be able to provide.

Re:indy9.0.18_source.zip --- no directory structure and no .bat files

"Paul" <not XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Hi Paul.
Back again.
Doesn't work.
Can't find "indy60.lib" and it appears it can't compile it.
Running "FullC6.bat" did something the first time and in builder the components were present.
However, builder wanted to know where "indy60.lib" might be found. I checked the Hard-drive. It's
not present.
I re-ran "FullC6.bat" and got, amongst other errors, the following:
"deflate.obj" not found.
"inflate.obj" not found.
"inftrees.obj" not found.
etc etc
"IdCompressionIntervept" ----- "unsatisfied forward or external declaration inflatereset"
etc etc --- all "inflate" something or other.
Can you or anyone tell me what's going on?
If not, how does one restore the "Indy" that came with BCB6 Enterprise? I have saved all files
mentioned as must be removed. I guess I just copy them back to where I moved them from. Is that all
that's required?
Remy, why can't the Indy stuff just come already compiled for BCB6? Most other components do.
Thanks anyway,
Regards,
Rod.
[...]

The "Current Development Snapshot" on that same page is 9.0.50.
Gambit

Re:indy9.0.18_source.zip --- no directory structure and no .bat files

"Rod" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Can't find "indy60.lib" and it appears it can't compile it.
Did you FULLY remove everything Indy-related before installing the new
version?
Running "FullC6.bat" did something the first time and in builder the
components were present. However, builder wanted to know where
"indy60.lib" might be found. I checked the Hard-drive. It's not present.
Works fine for me. When running the .bat file, dod you see the message
"Creating Indy60.LIB file, please wait..."? Did you copy IndyWin32.rsp from
the 9.0.17 download? When I run the .bat file, Indy60.lib is placed into
the \C6 folder that the .bat file created.
I re-ran "FullC6.bat" and got, amongst other errors, the following:
Did you forget to copy the .obj files onto your machine? They need to be in
the same folder as the rest of the Indy source code.
Can you or anyone tell me what's going on?
It would seem that you don't have all of the necessary files on your
machine.
Remy, why can't the Indy stuff just come already compiled for BCB6?
Because that is not the way most components are distributed. For starters,
packages are version-specific, so distributing precompiled binaries would
require compiling Indy for every compiler version, and every service pack
version, that is available for every IDE that Indy supports. Do you know
how hard that is for component vendors to do? It is a lot easier to just
distribute the source code and let the users compile the packages manually
for their specific IDE setups. Most component vendors do it that way.
Now granted, Indy's packages are not set up like usual packages, which is
why the .bat files are used to compile them, instead of compiling the
packages directly in the IDE. But the .bat files are mature and
well-tested, and are just as easy to use (when used properly) as opening
packages files in the IDE and clicking the "Compile" button.
Most other components do.
Some do, yes, but the majority do not.
Gambit

Re:indy9.0.18_source.zip --- no directory structure and no .bat files

www.indyproject.org/KB/
Try the knowledge base and follow the "How do I install Indy into Borland
C++ Builder?" (exactly)