Monitor programs that use [the internet / NetworkAdapter x]

2006-08-22 12:21:18 AM
cppbuilder92
Hi,
I want to create a program that shows which programs are using the internet
connection and can also show how much bandwidth they are using / have been
using.
Could someone give me a few pointers where to start? How to 'hook-up' to the
NetworkAdapter and how I could detect which programs are using the
connection etc.
Best regards,
JasperP

Re:Monitor programs that use [the internet / NetworkAdapter x]

I have found some references to get me started of a bit:
www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html
Also you may want to take a look at WinPcap,
www.winpcap.org/default.htm
It even has some decent documentation with source examples
www.winpcap.org/docs/docs31/html/main.html
WinPcap provides a lot of access to your systems network activity. It is
the lib that Ethereal uses as its core.
www.ethereal.com/
JasperP