IdMessage Date wrong

2008-06-20 04:30:16 PM
cppbuilder31
Hi,
sending E-Mails using TIdSMTP and TIDMessage with UseNowForDate=true, the
sending time the receiver sees is GMT plus daylight saving time, not the
system time of the sender. Something converts the time.
RAD Studio 2007. Wrong component setup? Indy bug?
My version list is (looks somewhat strange to me):
IndyCore.dll, 11.0.2804.9245, C
\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\IndyCore\11.0.5000.9245__02edd786fdd155c5\
IndyCore100.bpl, 10.0.0.17, C:\Programme\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\bin\
IndyProtocols.dll, 11.0.2804.9245, C
\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\IndyProtocols\11.0.5000.9245__02edd786fdd155c5\
IndyProtocols100.bpl, 10.0.0.17, C:\Programme\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\bin\
IndySystem.dll, 11.0.2804.9245, C
\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\IndySystem\11.0.2804.9245__02edd786fdd155c5\
IndySystem100.bpl, 10.0.0.17, C:\Programme\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\bin\
Thank you
C.N.Taur

Re:IdMessage Date wrong

"C.N.Taur" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
sending E-Mails using TIdSMTP and TIDMessage with
UseNowForDate=true, the sending time the receiver sees is
GMT plus daylight saving time, not the system time of the
sender. Something converts the time.
RAD2007 ships with an old version of Indy. That bug was fixed a long time
ago.
Gambit

Re:IdMessage Date wrong

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>sending E-Mails using TIdSMTP and TIDMessage with
>UseNowForDate=true, the sending time the receiver sees is
>GMT plus daylight saving time, not the system time of the
>sender. Something converts the time.

RAD2007 ships with an old version of Indy. That bug was fixed a long time
ago.

Gambit
Thank you,
I have downloaded the lastest indy svn, and get errors compiling the files
as described in
www.indyproject.org/Sockets/Docs/Indy10Installation.DE.aspx
The first step (IndySystem100.dpk) compiles without error.
Compiling IndyCore100.dpk in the secons step ends with "Error E2202 Package
'IndySystem100' is needed, but could not be found".
What am I doing wrong?
C.N.Taur

{smallsort}

Re:IdMessage Date wrong

"C.N.Taur" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Compiling IndyCore100.dpk in the secons step ends with
"Error E2202 Package 'IndySystem100' is needed, but could
not be found". What am I doing wrong?
Sounds like you don't have your search paths set up correctly.
Gambit

Re:IdMessage Date wrong

Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:

"C.N.Taur" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Compiling IndyCore100.dpk in the secons step ends with
>"Error E2202 Package 'IndySystem100' is needed, but could
>not be found". What am I doing wrong?

Sounds like you don't have your search paths set up correctly.

Gambit
Thank you.
I guess, you are right. There are no path definitions in the project. But
which paths should I set up to get the correct integration of Indy10 into
RAD Studio2007?
And why does CodeGear not provide an update/patch if they ship RAD Studio
2007 with an Indy Version that is outdated?
C.N.Taur

Re:IdMessage Date wrong

"C.N.Taur" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I guess, you are right. There are no path definitions in the project.
But which paths should I set up to get the correct integration of
Indy10 into RAD Studio2007?
Have you tried using Indy's command-line scripts for building Indy?
And why does CodeGear not provide an update/patch if they
ship RAD Studio 2007 with an Indy Version that is outdated?
Because they can't. Indy is not a CodeGear product. They have no control
over its development. Besides, there aren't any official update/patches
from the Indy team anyway. We only distribute nightly source code snapshots
anymore. That is not good enough for bundling updates in IDE installers.
We have to go through a whole process for that. The next official update to
Indy will be in Tiburon, not in a RAD2007 service pack.
Gambit

Re:IdMessage Date wrong

Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:

"C.N.Taur" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>I guess, you are right. There are no path definitions in the project.
>But which paths should I set up to get the correct integration of
>Indy10 into RAD Studio2007?

Have you tried using Indy's command-line scripts for building Indy?
Not yet. Where can I find them?

>And why does CodeGear not provide an update/patch if they
>ship RAD Studio 2007 with an Indy Version that is outdated?

Because they can't. Indy is not a CodeGear product. They have no control
over its development. Besides, there aren't any official update/patches
from the Indy team anyway. We only distribute nightly source code
snapshots
anymore. That is not good enough for bundling updates in IDE installers.
We have to go through a whole process for that. The next official update
to Indy will be in Tiburon, not in a RAD2007 service pack.

Gambit

Re:IdMessage Date wrong

"C.N.Taur" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Not yet. Where can I find them?