writing screensavers

2007-12-29 05:34:56 AM
cppbuilder68
hey-lo!
i want to write a screensaver. it will be opengl but i can do that
already. can anyone point me at a good tutorial or example to learn
from? if it features opengl that would be good i suppose
thankyou very much!

Re:writing screensavers

can anyone point me at a good tutorial or example to learn from?
A simple internet search for "how to write screensaver" produced plenty of
good results for me. The second one uses OpenGL.
https://www.wischik.com/scr/howtoscr.html
www.cityintherain.com/howtoscr.html
We love to help people here but to help yourself you should really perform
preliminary searches first. To search past newsgroup entries you can use
google groups groups.google.com
Clayton

Re:writing screensavers

Clayton Arends wrote:
>can anyone point me at a good tutorial or example to learn from?

A simple internet search for "how to write screensaver" produced plenty of
good results for me. The second one uses OpenGL.

https://www.wischik.com/scr/howtoscr.html
www.cityintherain.com/howtoscr.html

We love to help people here but to help yourself you should really perform
preliminary searches first. To search past newsgroup entries you can use
google groups groups.google.com

Clayton

thanks
i had found the win32 examples but was wondering how things are done
with borland
thanks for the google tip. i did always wonder why my news client never
found any results when searching! doh! what did people do before google
groups came along? :S
my ignorance, lol

{smallsort}

Re:writing screensavers

just for everyones reference.. i found the following page..
earthli.com/software/screen_saver/
looks pretty cool

Re:writing screensavers

anon5 wrote:
just for everyones reference.. i found the following page..

earthli.com/software/screen_saver/

looks pretty cool
actually rather unusual
the guy has written it as a service it seems
probably best to ignore everything i say! lol

Re:writing screensavers

update:
the page at
www.digitalcoding.com/programming/delphi/tutorial/screensaver1.htm
was quite useful if anyone IS interested