Updating DsgnIntf to DesignIntf

2004-01-14 10:51:14 PM
cppbuilder30
Is there any document available anywhere on the web covering updating
components designed for older versions of Delphi.
With BCB5 I managed to get round the error "File not found DsgnIntf.pas" by
including the -LUvcl50.
With BCB6 and CLX things have changed and I cannot use the old components.
TIA
Ian Bromfield.

Re:Updating DsgnIntf to DesignIntf

"Ian Bromfield" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
With BCB5 I managed to get round the error "File not found
DsgnIntf.pas" by including the -LUvcl50.
You should never have needed to do that manually. Your package was probably
not created correctly in the first place.
With BCB6 and CLX things have changed and I cannot
use the old components.
There is a whole section in the "What's new in C++ Builder 6" help file that
addresses that. Refer to the "Compatibility issues" topic. More
specifically, at the "DsgnIntf renamed and related changes" and "Updating
Pascal component design packages" in particular.
Gambit

Re:Updating DsgnIntf to DesignIntf

There is a whole section in the "What's new in C++ Builder 6" help file
that
addresses that. Refer to the "Compatibility issues" topic. More
specifically, at the "DsgnIntf renamed and related changes" and "Updating
Pascal component design packages" in particular.
I have followed this with a third party Pascal component and have also
replaced TDesignerSelectionList with TDesignerSelections but get an error in
that the Add method is not found due to being protected. How should I get
round this in the Pascal code?
Ian

{smallsort}

Re:Updating DsgnIntf to DesignIntf

"Ian Bromfield" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I have followed this with a third party Pascal component and have
also replaced TDesignerSelectionList with TDesignerSelections but
get an error in that the Add method is not found due to being
protected. How should I get round this in the Pascal code?
You need to be more specific. What exactly are you trying to accomplish,
and what exactly does your code look like?
Also, FYI, questions of this nature should be directed to the
.vcl.components.writing group instead.
Gambit

Re:Updating DsgnIntf to DesignIntf

Ian,
Have you applied update #4. Maybe this fixes this problem.
Mike