Re: +++ MDI Fake +++

2004-07-28 11:27:43 PM
cppbuilder33
[follow-up set to relevant group]
FRANCK GmbH (L.Hillebrand) wrote:
As MDI has some disadvantages
we try to realize something like MDI by creating Forms like ...

TFrmNOMDI *Form ;

Form = new TFrmNOMDI(this) ;
Form->Parent = this ; // PSEUDO - MDI
Form->Show() ;

This works, but has some other disadvantages.
The form is not active. Controls can be reaches
with TAB, but not with the mouse.

Does somebody know, how to set properties to
make this work ?
I've been using forms in embedded in a panel for various things for a
while now. It works quite well in BCB4, although I had some fun getting
actions to work. Apart from that, no real issues.
What version of BCB are you using? Have you tried embedding in a TPanel
or similar rather than directly into the form?
--
Corey Murtagh
The Electric Monk

Re:Re: +++ MDI Fake +++

Corey Murtagh schrieb:
[follow-up set to relevant group]

FRANCK GmbH (L.Hillebrand) wrote:

I've been using forms in embedded in a panel for various things for a
while now. It works quite well in BCB4, although I had some fun getting
actions to work. Apart from that, no real issues.

What version of BCB are you using? Have you tried embedding in a TPanel
or similar rather than directly into the form?

I am using BCB6. No, I didnot try embedding so far ...
perhaps that will be my work for today.
Thank you for that suggestion
Lutz