Error with designEditors.hpp

2008-04-06 04:50:00 PM
cppbuilder26
Hi:
When compiling a piece of code I get the following error:
[C++ Error] DesignEditors.hpp(1026): E2015 Ambiguity between
'_di_IDropTarget' and 'Designintf::_di_IDropTarget'
Has anyone gotany idea where this error is eminating from?
What is the fix for this error--probably quite simple!
I am using rad studio 2007 if that helps.
Cheers
Sean.

Re:Error with designEditors.hpp

"Sean Farrow" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
When compiling a piece of code I get the following error:
[C++ Error] DesignEditors.hpp(1026): E2015 Ambiguity between
'_di_IDropTarget' and 'Designintf::_di_IDropTarget'
Has anyone gotany idea where this error is eminating from?
Designintf.hpp declares a _di_IDropTarget typedef (for use with the
RegisterIDropTarget() function), but _di_IDropTarget is already declared
elewhere in your project, so DesignEditors.hpp does not know which one to
use.
Gambit

Re:Error with designEditors.hpp

Hi:
How do I get round this?
San.

"Sean Farrow" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news:47f88eb8$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>When compiling a piece of code I get the following error:
>[C++ Error] DesignEditors.hpp(1026): E2015 Ambiguity between
>'_di_IDropTarget' and 'Designintf::_di_IDropTarget'
>Has anyone gotany idea where this error is eminating from?

Designintf.hpp declares a _di_IDropTarget typedef (for use with the
RegisterIDropTarget() function), but _di_IDropTarget is already declared
elewhere in your project, so DesignEditors.hpp does not know which one to
use.

Gambit

{smallsort}

Re:Error with designEditors.hpp

"Sean Farrow" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
How do I get round this?
I can't find any declaration of _di_IDropTarget anywhere in the VCL headers
other than in DesignIntf.hpp. So I am guessing that you have a third-party
component installed that declares _di_IDropTarget for its own use. You will
have to track that down. In the meantime, one thing you could try is edit
DesignEditors.hpp to change all references of '_di_IDropTarget' to
'Designintf::_di_IDropTarget' instead.
Gambit