Synchronize two TListViews

2007-01-13 02:45:30 AM
cppbuilder12
I'm trying to tie two ListViews together so that when the user scrolls one,
the other stays 'in sync'. How to do this ?
Thanks
Loek ( XXXX@XXXXX.COM )

Re:Synchronize two TListViews

"Loekie" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I'm trying to tie two ListViews together so that when the user
scrolls one, the other stays 'in sync'. How to do this ?
You have to subclass both TListViews in order to respond to the
WM_VSCROLL and/or WM_HSCROLL messages. Examples of this have been
posted many times before. Please go to www.deja.com to search
through the newsgroup archives.
Gambit

Re:Synchronize two TListViews

Remy thank you but now Im entering the programming world Im not familiar
with. Is there an easy copiable peace of code somwhere ? The deja.com addres
you gave me is a Google adres where I cannot find anything. Who can send me
a peace of code ?
Thanks
"Remy Lebeau (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schreef in bericht

"Loekie" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news:eo8l08$cv1$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>I'm trying to tie two ListViews together so that when the user
>scrolls one, the other stays 'in sync'. How to do this ?

You have to subclass both TListViews in order to respond to the
WM_VSCROLL and/or WM_HSCROLL messages. Examples of this have been
posted many times before. Please go to www.deja.com to search
through the newsgroup archives.

Gambit

{smallsort}

Re:Synchronize two TListViews

"Loekie" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

Please trim your posts.
[...] Is there an easy copiable peace of code somwhere ?
Yes - in the archives.
The deja.com addres you gave me is a Google adres where I
cannot find anything.
Then you didn't look very hard. I just typed in:
C++ synchronize scroll
and the very first hit had sample code by Damon Chandler.
~ JD

Re:Synchronize two TListViews

"Loekie" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Is there an easy copiable peace of code somwhere ?
I already told you were to look - the newsgroup archives.
The deja.com addres you gave me is a Google adres
Google bought out Deja years ago.
where I cannot find anything.
It is in there. You just need to learn how to use that search engine
effectively. Did you try using the "advanced" search option yet? You
can filter messages by specific newsgroups (with wildcards).
Gambit