Re: Why this error?

2003-07-08 05:38:10 AM
cppbuilder67
"b" <borland.public.cppbuilder.vcl.components.using>wrote:
it compile correctly the project but during the running it stopps with this
error:

... = E2027 must take address of a memory location at this line:

char* j = new char[EditW->GetTextLen()];

Aren't you reading all of the posts to your threads? Often a
reply will be posted a day or two after you post something.
This line wouldn't cause that error. What are the lines above
and below?
~ JD

Re:Re: Why this error?

If i write here all the code before and after or right some lines it change
nothing becouse it could depend from lines far from that or in other
forms... i want understand what that error want to tell to understand want
could be the problem.

Re:Re: Why this error?

"b" <borland.public.cppbuilder.vcl.components.using>wrote:
If i write here all the code before and after or right some lines it change
nothing becouse it could depend from lines far from that or in other
forms... i want understand what that error want to tell to understand want
could be the problem.
Have it your way. With out the code, no one can tell you
exactly what you're doing wrong. With just the error message,
all I can tell you is that you are trying to do something with
a pointer that is incorrect or you need to be using a pointer
where you are not. Does that help or would it be more helpful
if I could tell you what line of code is in error and how to
fix it?
~ JD

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Why this error?

You've right, anyway i fixed the error
tnx anyway ; )
"JD" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >ha scritto nel messaggio

"b" <borland.public.cppbuilder.vcl.components.using>wrote:
>If i write here all the code before and after or right some lines it
change
>nothing becouse it could depend from lines far from that or in other
>forms... i want understand what that error want to tell to understand
want
>could be the problem.

Have it your way. With out the code, no one can tell you
exactly what you're doing wrong. With just the error message,
all I can tell you is that you are trying to do something with
a pointer that is incorrect or you need to be using a pointer
where you are not. Does that help or would it be more helpful
if I could tell you what line of code is in error and how to
fix it?

~ JD

Re:Re: Why this error?

Solved!

Re:Re: Why this error?

i'm trying to use this: MessageDlg("The list has objects", mtInformation,
TMsgDlgButtons() << mbOk, 0);
but i get an error if i use << mbOk.
[C++ Error] Program.cpp(102): E2451 Undefined symbol 'mbOk'
Why?

Re:Re: Why this error?

"gif" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
[...] but i get an error if i use << mbOk.
It's 'mbOK' (uppercase 'OK').
~ JD