browser question

2003-07-19 07:51:17 AM
cppbuilder99
hi all,
I really don't know if this is the correct newsgroup to ask in such
question, so sorry if this is a mistake..
I need to know when a user is trying to load my website (i.e. type my web
address and press go/enter) from any internet browser (i.e. IE, Netscape,
opera...etc.), while the user is running my application
thanks all for your help

Re:browser question

"micheal davis" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
I really don't know if this is the correct newsgroup to ask in such
question, so sorry if this is a mistake..
This newsgroup is for C++ novices, so decide yourself.
I need to know when a user is trying to load my website (i.e. type my web
address and press go/enter) from any internet browser (i.e. IE, Netscape,
opera...etc.), while the user is running my application
Please elaborate:
Is your application running on the Web server, and you want to know which
browser is used to access it?
Or is your application running on the workstation and you'd like it to be
notified when the workstation user accesses your Web site while the application
is running?

Re:browser question

hi thomas,
thanks for your reply, and yes my application is running on the workstation
(client machine) and I want to be notified whenever he types my web address
in any browser (IE, Netscape...etc,) while my application is running, in
other words...while my application is running if the user opened any web
browser (Internet explorer, Netscape...etc.) and typed my web address in the
address bar and pressed go or enter I want to be notified...
Any idea how I can do so...
thanks in advance for your help
"Thomas Maeder [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
"micheal davis" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:

>I really don't know if this is the correct newsgroup to ask in such
>question, so sorry if this is a mistake..

This newsgroup is for C++ novices, so decide yourself.

>I need to know when a user is trying to load my website (i.e. type my
web
>address and press go/enter) from any internet browser (i.e. IE,
Netscape,
>opera...etc.), while the user is running my application

Please elaborate:

Is your application running on the Web server, and you want to know which
browser is used to access it?

Or is your application running on the workstation and you'd like it to be
notified when the workstation user accesses your Web site while the
application
is running?

{smallsort}

Re:browser question

"micheal davis" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
thanks for your reply, and yes my application is running
on the workstation (client machine) and I want to be
notified whenever he types my web address in any browser
(IE, Netscape...etc,) while my application is running, in other
words...while my application is running if the user opened
any web browser (Internet explorer, Netscape...etc.) and
typed my web address in the address bar and pressed go
or enter I want to be notified...
If all you want to do is be notified about the typed URL but are not going
to try preventing the navigation, then you can probably set up your own DDE
server (Have a look at the TDdeServerConv component) and then connect your
application to each browser's own DDE server (all of the major browsers -
IE, Netscape, and Opera - support DDE) and then register your server with
each browser using the WWW_RegisterURLEcho command. That way, when a URL is
loaded, the brower will connect to each registered server application and
send it a WWW_URLEcho notification containing the new URL that was loaded.
That is all theoritically, mind you. I have never tried it myself.
Gambit