Failed to create state file

2003-12-12 10:26:35 PM
cppbuilder103
Hi!
I am having the exact problem as described in
threads.borland.com/threads/threads.exe/thread
BCB 6 professional patch 3, Win98 running on top of Win4Lin v5, 100MB RAM
is assigned by Win4Lin to win98, win98 virtual memory is set to
"automatic", disk space is 1.7 GB.
"disable state files" is checked and *.il* are deleted. E.tds is samll -
under 5MB.
When the following error happens,
[Linker Error] Fatal: Error detected (LME279)
[Linker Error] Fatal: Error detected (LME347)
[Linker Warning] Failed to create state file C:/work/E.tds (error code 0)
[Linker Warning] Unable to perform incremental link - performing full
link...
[Linker Error] Fatal: Error detected (LME279)
[Linker Error] Fatal: Error detected (LME347)
[Linker Warning] Failed to create state file C:/work/E.tds (error code 0)
the only way to "fix" it is rebooting win98. Because of this error, I have
to reboot win98 several times a day!
I did not have the errors
[Linker Error] Fatal: Error detected (LME279)
[Linker Error] Fatal: Error detected (LME347)
[Linker Warning] Failed to create state file C:/work/E.tds (error code 0)
in Win4Lin v4 and BCB 6 enterprise trial though I did have the error:
[Linker Warning] Unable to perform incremental link - performing full
link...
from time to time. But this requires no win98 rebooting.
Any idea?
Should I ask Win4Lin vendor about this?
TIA