DCLUSR.LIB

2004-01-08 01:54:46 AM
cppbuilder13
The linker gives me a fatal error: Unable to open file "DCLUSR.LIB"
I just migrated from BCB3 to BCB6 and it compiled and ran. Then I changed a
few routines and I get this message. I tried backing outmy changes and It
still requires the file. How do I get/make one?

Re:DCLUSR.LIB

It sounds like you had some user components installed in BCB3 and not in
BCB6, but the linker is still trying to link against the user component
package, which of course no longer exists. The reference to DCLUSR.LIB is
in your .BPR project file. If you no longer need those user components,
then you can open the .BPR file in Notepad and edit out the references to
DCLUSR.LIB (be sure to backup a copy of the .BPR before doing so). There
will probably be at least two references - one in the LIBRARIES section and
another in the SPARELIBS section - and possibly more. Be sure to edit the
.BPR in Notepad, as changes made to it from within the C++Builder IDE are
not saved.
-- YH --

Re:DCLUSR.LIB

What you said is very true. I went through several different components before
I desided to write one myself. I guess they didn't completely get uninstalled.
I rebuilt the project from scratch and it works fine.
But deleting the references to it in the BPR didn't clear the reference. But
all is well.
Thanks,
Bill
In article <3ffc5cfb$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >, XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...

--
Any e-mail sent to me from the newsgroups will be ignored. Please confine
your posts to the newsgroups and DO NOT reply to this e-mail account.

{smallsort}

Re:DCLUSR.LIB

You are correct. I thank you for your response. I actually rebuilt the project
from scratch and it works fine. I had tried several custom components in it to
see if would do what I had asked. Apparently, BCB doesn't erase all traces of
deleted components.
Thanks again.
[...]

Thank you for letting us know, Bill. Glad to hear that it worked out.
-- YH --

Re:DCLUSR.LIB

i cannot find this file DCLUSR.LIB ???

Re:DCLUSR.LIB

w.bergerhoff wrote:
i cannot find this file DCLUSR.LIB ???

I assume from your next message that you are using BCB6. If you never
built DCLUSR.LIB, I don't think you'll find it. It's for user
components. You should find a file DCLUSR.BPK in the Lib folder
that you can use to make DCLUSR.LIB (as well as DCLUSR.BPI and
DCLUSR.BPL) but you might want to have some components that you
want to include in the package.
My evidence for the above is that I looked on my BCB6 install disk
and found DCLUSR.BPK, DCLUSR.CPP and DCLUSR.RES and nothing else.
Look in (assuming your install CD in is drive D):
D:\INSTALL\program files\Borland\CBuilder6\Lib
Regards,
Jim Dodd
Onset Computer Corp.

Re:DCLUSR.LIB

Hi,
Where can I get a dclusr.lib for C++ builder 2007?
Thanks,
Mark