C++BuilderX first time - first problem

2003-10-25 03:40:11 PM
cppbuilder44
Hello!
I just installed C++BuilderX Personal in "C:\Programme\C++BuilderX"
and I tried to compile a simple c HelloWorld application.
Here's the error I got:
Fatal: Unable to open file 'C:\Programme\C'
ILINK32 exited with error code: 2
Build cancelled due to errors
What do I need to do?
Igor

Re:C++BuilderX first time - first problem

"Igor Akkerman" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
What do I need to do?
Uninstall CBX and then reinstall it into a folder that does not have "+" in
the name. The default installation folder name is "CBuilderX", at least it
was the last time I installed CBX. CBX is written in Java, and Java has
limitation on what can and cannot be in filenames (spaces in filenames is
another no-no in Java, for example).
Gambit

"Remy Lebeau \(TeamB\)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb:
Uninstall CBX and then reinstall it into a folder that does not have "+" in
the name. The default installation folder name is "CBuilderX", at least it
was the last time I installed CBX. CBX is written in Java, and Java has
limitation on what can and cannot be in filenames (spaces in filenames is
another no-no in Java, for example).
It does not actually seem to be a Java problem. (Btw. I had never
problems with spaces in filenames in java!) Starting the linker from
the command line produces the same problem. It seems to be a linker
configuration problem. But is there a way to solve it without
re-installation?
Igor

{smallsort}

Re:C++BuilderX first time - first problem

I think it is possible to use short folder names - they are without any
special characters. "Space problem" happens mostly because of shell
interpreters (cmd.exe, ksh, ...). Java itself works fine.
- Alexey.
Igor Akkerman wrote:
"Remy Lebeau \(TeamB\)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb:

>Uninstall CBX and then reinstall it into a folder that does not have "+" in
>the name. The default installation folder name is "CBuilderX", at least it
>was the last time I installed CBX. CBX is written in Java, and Java has
>limitation on what can and cannot be in filenames (spaces in filenames is
>another no-no in Java, for example).

It does not actually seem to be a Java problem. (Btw. I had never
problems with spaces in filenames in java!) Starting the linker from
the command line produces the same problem. It seems to be a linker
configuration problem. But is there a way to solve it without
re-installation?

Igor

Re:C++BuilderX first time - first problem

I tried to install it to C:\Program Files\CBuilderX but it would not accept
this pathname, I had to specify C:\Progra~1\CBuilderX. Hello World
compiled and ran Ok.
Regards Digby Millikan
Geolite Mining Systems
www.users.on.net/digbym