Better code template utility for C++ Builder?

2004-02-07 09:06:21 AM
cppbuilder83
Hello everybody.
I've been using code templates (the CTRL-J stuff) for some time now
and find them to be a quite time-saving goodie. But despite the great
idea Borland's implementation somewhat lacks efficiency.
Consider this code template for a fully equipped class declaration:
class |T : public T {
private:
protected:
public:
__fastcall virtual T();
__fastcall virtual ~T();
};
When inserting the template the user has to make 4 replacements, 3 of
them being equal to the class name, 1 for the name of the parent
class. Of course, one might shorten this process by using
search/replace but this still cannot not be rendered optimal from my
perspective.
What I would like to have is a tool that automatically prompts me for
providing names for the free parameters. The above example might thus
be rewritten as follows:
class |T1 : public |T2 {
private:
protected:
public:
__fastcall virtual |T1();
__fastcall virtual ~|T1();
};
Now when I insert this code template, a dialog automatically pops up
that gathers the identifiers for T1 and T2. Does something like this
already exist?
Kind regards,
Malte