Indy Components

2004-06-30 06:32:59 PM
cppbuilder46
I have a BIG problem with Indy component suite when I try to build the
package I got this error:
"Cannot find a valid entry point @Idwinsock@initialization$qqrv in a
procedure of the dynamic loading library indy60.bpl"
P.S. please note that the original message was written in italian I
translated it to english.
--
================================
Michele Santucci

Re:Indy Components

That error is because you did NOT remove ALL of the old version of Indy when
you installed the new version.
Read the readme.txt but you MUST remove ALL Indy dlls before installing the
new version.
HTH Pete
"Michele Santucci" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
I have a BIG problem with Indy component suite when I try to build the
package I got this error:

"Cannot find a valid entry point @Idwinsock@initialization$qqrv in a
procedure of the dynamic loading library indy60.bpl"

P.S. please note that the original message was written in italian I
translated it to english.

--
================================
Michele Santucci
Software Development Manager
Celin Avio S.r.l.
Via Fontevivo, 21/M 19100 La Spezia
tel. +39-0187564080
================================

Re:Indy Components

Yep there was still an old .bpl in the %sys32% directory...
I fixed it but this sets of components is still a big mistery for me...
"Pete Fraser" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >ha scritto nel
messaggio news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
That error is because you did NOT remove ALL of the old version of Indy
when
you installed the new version.
Read the readme.txt but you MUST remove ALL Indy dlls before installing
the
new version.
HTH Pete

"Michele Santucci" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>I have a BIG problem with Indy component suite when I try to build the
>package I got this error:
>
>"Cannot find a valid entry point @Idwinsock@initialization$qqrv in a
>procedure of the dynamic loading library indy60.bpl"
>
>P.S. please note that the original message was written in italian I
>translated it to english.
>
>--
>================================
>Michele Santucci
>Software Development Manager
>Celin Avio S.r.l.
>Via Fontevivo, 21/M 19100 La Spezia
>tel. +39-0187564080
>================================

{smallsort}

Re:Indy Components

www.indyproject.org/KB/howdoiinstallindybcb.htm
Greetz, Dirk.
"Michele Santucci" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
I have a BIG problem with Indy component suite when I try to build the
package I got this error:

"Cannot find a valid entry point @Idwinsock@initialization$qqrv in a
procedure of the dynamic loading library indy60.bpl"

P.S. please note that the original message was written in italian I
translated it to english.

--
================================
Michele Santucci
Software Development Manager
Celin Avio S.r.l.
Via Fontevivo, 21/M 19100 La Spezia
tel. +39-0187564080
================================

Re:Indy Components

After playing with NMFTP and researching the internet it looked as though NMFTP
has some bugs that prevent it from being useful. So I bit the bullet, downloaded
and installed the latest Indy release. I've now got several pallette pages
dedicated to Indy but nowhere (on the pallette) do I see the TidFTP component.
Am I missing something here? I'm using D5 and usually struggle when it comes to
installing packages and components.
I'll keep at it but will check back if someone can lend a guiding hand.
Thanks,
--
Patrick Hughes

Re:Indy Components

I went back through and repeated the installation instructions.
Open and compile:
IndySystem50.dpk
IndyCore50.dpk
IndyProtocols50.dpk
Open and install:
dclIndyCore50.dpk
Install button disabled (because it had previously installed OK)
dclIndyProtocols50.dpk
Install button enabled, on attempting the install I received a "Abstract
error" message and the install failed.
Any suggestions?
--
Patrick Hughes
"Patrick Hughes" wrote in message news:48015603$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
After playing with NMFTP and researching the internet it looked as though
NMFTP
has some bugs that prevent it from being useful. So I bit the bullet,
downloaded
and installed the latest Indy release. I've now got several pallette pages
dedicated to Indy but nowhere (on the pallette) do I see the TidFTP component.
Am I missing something here? I'm using D5 and usually struggle when it comes
installing packages and components.

I'll keep at it but will check back if someone can lend a guiding hand.

Thanks,

--
Patrick Hughes

Re:Indy Components

the TidFTP component is contained in the unit IdFTP.pas which
is located in the ..\\Lib\Protocols folder. If this path has not
been added to your library path then you can not use it.

Re:Indy Components

Thanks Dennis, I did have the path included in the lib path. I've since found
that others have the same problem with the "abstract error" and the component
fails to install.
--
Patrick Hughes