How to display a dbgrid only for adding new records

2004-10-09 07:29:37 PM
cppbuilder53
I'm using firebird and interbase express and bcb6
I want to use a dbgrid only for adding new records
I don't want to display old ones when the form is displayed.
Any ideas;;

Re:How to display a dbgrid only for adding new records

I"m not sure what exactly you want to accomplish,
ie, how you imagined the interface...
Contrary to what you said TDBGrid *is* suitable
for reviewing the old entries, and TDBEdit *is*
suitable for editing/inserting.
Whay is the DBGrid more flexible to you for inserting
records that DBEdit?
Have you ever looked at TDBCtrlGrid?
Best regards,
Vladimir Stefanovic
John Kranas < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I'm using firebird and interbase express and bcb6
I want to use a dbgrid only for adding new records
I don't want to display old ones when the form is displayed.
Any ideas;;

Re:How to display a dbgrid only for adding new records

Try to select the new record - perhaps with an "WHERE 1=0".
That should display an empty grid.
Just as an idea with no test (I do it like this in MS Access).
HTH
-Hans-Arno
"John Kranas" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I'm using firebird and interbase express and bcb6
I want to use a dbgrid only for adding new records
I don't want to display old ones when the form is displayed.
Any ideas;;

{smallsort}

Re:How to display a dbgrid only for adding new records

yes adding where 1=0 would solve the
problem but only if I use a clientdataset which
is an in-memory table. But if I use a IBquery and a
datasource then as soon as I add a new record
in the grid It dissapears.
In zeos componentds Zquery has a property called
showrecordtypes (usunmodified, usmodified, usinserted,
usdeleted) which I can use to display only new inserted
records. In IBX components is there any similar;
?"Hans-Arno Mielsch" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >έγραψε στ?μήνυμα

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...