coff2omf question

2004-04-17 02:01:49 AM
cppbuilder71
The option "-lib:ms" seems to deal with C++ name mangling. Does this mean
that the coff2omf tool solves the problem of converting VC++ import
libraries
to Borlands format?
However, when I apply this tool to an import library that consists of C++
classes,
the verbose output only lists entries under "Internal name" and nothing
under "Imported name".
COFF to OMF Converter Version 1.0.0.74 Copyright (c) 1999, 2000 Inprise
Corporation
Internal name
Imported name
-------------
-------------
??0vtk_BoundsError@@QAA@PBDZZ
??0vtk_BoundsError@@QAE@ABV0@@Z
??0vtk_BoundsError@@QAE@XZ
??0vtk_DCR@@QAE@ABV0@@Z
??0vtk_DCR@@QAE@ABVepi_CommonDCR@@@Z
??0vtk_DCR@@QAE@XZ
??0vtk_DCRList@@QAE@ABV0@@Z
etc.
When I try to link with the newly created link library I still get lots of
"unresolved external" errors.
So something still does not work quite right. The question is I guess: Is
the coff2omf tool
good for converting C++ class dll's from VC++ format to Borland format or
not?
Thanks,
-detlev

Re:coff2omf question

You cannot import classes from other compilers. When Microsoft
decided to create a C++ compiler they made a conscious decision to not
be compatible with the memory layout and naming conventions for C++
classes used by Borland's compiler. The compiler cannot use them.
Off topic: RoadRunner is being a PITA to me today, down twice so far.
How is it working for you?
. Ed
Detlev Schwabe wrote in message
news:40801eaa$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

Re:coff2omf question

No problems today yet (or I didn't notice). But a 2 hour outage last Monday.
"Ed Mulroy [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
You cannot import classes from other compilers. When Microsoft
decided to create a C++ compiler they made a conscious decision to not
be compatible with the memory layout and naming conventions for C++
classes used by Borland's compiler. The compiler cannot use them.

Off topic: RoadRunner is being a PITA to me today, down twice so far.
How is it working for you?

. Ed

>Detlev Schwabe wrote in message
>news:40801eaa$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

{smallsort}

Re:coff2omf question

I'm in North Carolina. Today they were out for a few minutes
and later for over an hour. The phone number to call for such
things didn't answer until just before service was restored. The
TV continued to work. $91.69/month and they won't even
answer the phone so there you sit using 24K dial-up to check
their site for a clue as to when service might be restored.
They are running a sales campaign trying to get people to
use them for phone service. How can they can expect people
to buy phone service from them when they can't even keep
their current services running?
news:4080315f$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...