How do I read or handle these Microsoft types?

2005-07-16 02:24:50 PM
cppbuilder108
I have a Wmi object that I read data from. The data is presented in the
common types like int and so on. A few however are some sort of Array of
which I have no clue how to read. For example:
datetime InstallDate;
string NetworkAddresses[];
uint16 PowerManagementCapabilities[];
msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp
win32_networkadapter.asp
Help!

Re:How do I read or handle these Microsoft types?

Maurice Anderson wrote:
I have a Wmi object that I read data from. The data is presented in the
common types like int and so on. A few however are some sort of Array of
which I have no clue how to read. For example:

datetime InstallDate;
InstallDate
Data type: datetime
This property has not been implemented yet. It returns a NULL
value by default.
Since it hasn't been implemented, it's hard to know for absolute
certain, but generally, it is a 64bit value similar if not exactly
like FILETIME. If not NULL, try using FileTimeToSystemTime() on it.
string NetworkAddresses[];
NetworkAddresses
Data type: string array
Array of network addresses for an adapter.
This property has not been implemented yet. It returns a NULL
value by default.
Since it hasn't been implemented, it's hard to know for absolute
certain, but generally, it is a sequence of cstrings, with the final
string being empty. As in NA[] = {"One\0Two\0Three\0\0"};
uint16 PowerManagementCapabilities[];
I don't know how many there are, but if not NULL, [0] should be
readable.

Re:How do I read or handle these Microsoft types?

Bob Gonder < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

While I didn't understand your problem, I might (and it would
be nice) if you would post your solution to the negative time
issue in the vcl.using group.
~ JD

{smallsort}

JD wrote:
Bob Gonder < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

While I didn't understand your problem, I might (and it would
be nice) if you would post your solution to the negative time
issue in the vcl.using group.
Huh?

Re:How do I read or handle these Microsoft types?

Bob Gonder < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

Huh?
LOL. It wasn't you but for some reason, I was sure it was. <g>.
~ JD