ALM ? <Looking for handouts ?>

2003-11-14 04:56:17 AM
cppbuilder85
Has anyone seen the article in this weeks eWeek magazine with David
Intersimone and Carl "C-Ya" Fuller ?
I'm just aghast that no one:
A) Asked them the pointed question of what in the h_ll is going to happen to
all the developers that have bought
and used their C++ products in the past.
B) Why they think that "Together" and "Boost" and such products are going to
bring developers "to the fold" ?
C) If they bring developers "to the fold", what actual in-house developed
C++ products do they have which
will keep them there. Or do they expect the bundling of some third party
compiler products to really keep them ?
It's amazing how more and more ridiculous commentary by folks like the
Gartner group gets day by day. I
couldn't find a single negative thing stated by the "analysts" regarding
this interdimensional "paradigm" shift they've
pulled lately.

Re:ALM ? <Looking for handouts ?>

Marcelo R. Lopez, Jr. wrote:
Has anyone seen the article in this weeks eWeek magazine with David
Intersimone and Carl "C-Ya" Fuller ?
Carl Fuller? Is he related to Dale?
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist--" - John B. Sedwick,

Re:ALM ? <Looking for handouts ?>

Right..he's Dale's evil twin..maybe that's the explanation.....
( Weird...carl...of all the names to try to remember...that "Carl" came to
mind....)
"Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Marcelo R. Lopez, Jr. wrote:

>Has anyone seen the article in this weeks eWeek magazine with David
>Intersimone and Carl "C-Ya" Fuller ?

Carl Fuller? Is he related to Dale?
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist--" - John B. Sedwick,
general, dying words, 1864

{smallsort}

Re:ALM ? <Looking for handouts ?>

"Marcelo R. Lopez, Jr." wrote:
Has anyone seen the article in this weeks eWeek magazine with David
Intersimone and Carl "C-Ya" Fuller ?
I'm just aghast that no one:

A) Asked them the pointed question of what in the h_ll is going to happen
all the developers that have bought
and used their C++ products in the past.

Do you ever _read_ a post or get a point?
That has been discussed to dead past months.
Peter

Re:ALM ? <Looking for handouts ?>

Peter Agricola wrote:
"Marcelo R. Lopez, Jr." wrote:

>A) Asked them the pointed question of what in the h_ll is going to happen
>all the developers that have bought
>and used their C++ products in the past.

Do you ever _read_ a post or get a point?
That has been discussed to dead past months.

Peter

Peter,
With all due respect, Borland has been woefully silent on the migration
path for BCB users, particularly in regards to the VCL. We are STILL
waiting for the 'Second Open Letter' which is supposed to 'outline' this
'strategy'.
I think it would have been very nice if the interviewer had, indeed,
asked them what their existing customers were supposed to do--it might
be the only way to get them to answer the question! (having a reporter
ask it) <G>
David Erbas-White

Re:ALM ? <Looking for handouts ?>

"David Erbas-White"wrote:
With all due respect, Borland has been woefully silent on the migration
path for BCB users, particularly in regards to the VCL. We are STILL
waiting for the 'Second Open Letter' which is supposed to 'outline' this
'strategy'.
I don't expect much in the letter we don't know already, just like the first
letter.
Peter

Re:ALM ? <Looking for handouts ?>

Peter,
I don't expect much in the letter we don't know already, just like the
first
letter.

Perhaps you don't expect much from your vendors, but when I invest a few
grand in development tools,
I EXPECT service. Whether you expect it or not, is YOUR problem. That
"point" hasn't been discussed
to death since there are more than AMPLE people who still take issue with
it. Just as other's have used
this phrase to death....if you disagree, you're also free to ignore my
comment and not respond. Otherwise,
if you're going to "put it to me" about getting a point, I'm the MAKING the
point, whether you understand
what you're talking about enough to "get it", is up to you. Others
apparently do, as evidenced by David's
response to you. You apparently didn't read the post as thoroughly as you
should have.

Re:ALM ? <Looking for handouts ?>

"Marcelo R. Lopez, Jr." < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Has anyone seen the article in this weeks eWeek magazine with David
Intersimone and Carl "C-Ya" Fuller ?
I'm just aghast that no one:
Yeah :) , they got their pic on the whole front page

Re:ALM ? <Looking for handouts ?>

"Marcelo R. Lopez, Jr." wrote
Peter,

>I don't expect much in the letter we don't know already, just like the
first
>letter.

Perhaps you don't expect much from your vendors,
Please _read_ my post.
Peter