interface with SQL server

2007-08-23 07:33:49 PM
cppbuilder24
I have an application that interface to MS Access using automation.
Now I would like it to interface with an SQL server.
Anyone has a sample or tutotial?
I'm using OwlNext / BC5.05 / BCC55
TIA
--
Regis St-Gelais
www.laubrass.com

Re:interface with SQL server

Regis St-Gelais wrote:
Anyone has a sample or tutotial?
I have a set of class wrappers that I use in OWL projects to access
data on an ms sqlserver and it could probably be used to access other
servers as well. It uses IDAPI calls to the BDE engine to pass the
queries to the server.
Probably not great OO code, but it gets the job done for me. I'd be
happy to send the files to you along with some sample OWL code that
uses them. If there is some place where examples like this for BC5 can
be posted that might be even better.
- Leo

Leo Siefert wrote:
Regis St-Gelais wrote:

>Anyone has a sample or tutotial?

I have a set of class wrappers that I use in OWL projects to access
data on an ms sqlserver and it could probably be used to access other
servers as well. It uses IDAPI calls to the BDE engine to pass the
queries to the server.

Probably not great OO code, but it gets the job done for me. I'd be
happy to send the files to you along with some sample OWL code that
uses them. If there is some place where examples like this for BC5 can
be posted that might be even better.

- Leo
Hello,
I could test the examples with OWLNext and put them on OWLNext site.
Jogy

{smallsort}

"Leo Siefert" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >a écrit dans le
message de news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

I have a set of class wrappers that I use in OWL projects to access
data on an ms sqlserver and it could probably be used to access other
servers as well. It uses IDAPI calls to the BDE engine to pass the
queries to the server.

Probably not great OO code, but it gets the job done for me. I'd be
happy to send the files to you along with some sample OWL code that
uses them. If there is some place where examples like this for BC5 can
be posted that might be even better.

- Leo
I accept your generous offer for the wrapper and sample code.
(I never used the BDE engine before)
--
Regis St-Gelais
www.laubrass.com