Re: Open Community Letter at Version 1.7d

2004-10-06 03:05:35 AM
cppbuilder2
Again, excellent eds. Please check the last paragraph of the letter now to
see if I've conveyed the intent of your recommendation for the person who
made the following comment.
"I'd love to sign your letter, but can't use my company's name, or their
client's names. This for fear that our business would be imperiled by
Borland's lack of developer / product support."

Re:Re: Open Community Letter at Version 1.7d

"Paul Gustavson" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Again, excellent eds. Please check the last paragraph of the letter now to
see if I've conveyed the intent of your recommendation for the person who
made the following comment.
I think the paragraph you've added helps us to make our case, a good
addition IMHO. I'm not sure that we should say that a significant number
of companies have expressed this concern unless we know this to be the
case. I don't know how many companies have contacted us regarding this -
if it is only the one, perhaps we should phrase the paragraph
differently. What do you think of changing it to something like this:
"It should be noted that one company has declined to be publicly
identified in this open letter out of concern that their investors and
customers will react negatively to their use of C++Builder - an
apparently foundering tool with an uncertain future - in the creation of
their core products. There is no way to know how many other companies
have abstained from contributing to this letter for similar reasons,
without contacting us to express their regrets."
This leaves out the last section of that paragraph, but I think that
section perhaps diluted the main message a bit. YMMV.

Re:Re: Open Community Letter at Version 1.7d

It is obvious at this point that telling customers that one develops one's app in BCB
is unwise unless you think your customers really trust you. A dev tool that might be
dead is not what you want to tell customers you are using.
Leroy Casterline wrote:

"It should be noted that one company has declined to be publicly
identified in this open letter out of concern that their investors and
customers will react negatively to their use of C++Builder - an
apparently foundering tool with an uncertain future - in the creation of
their core products. There is no way to know how many other companies
have abstained from contributing to this letter for similar reasons,
without contacting us to express their regrets."

This leaves out the last section of that paragraph, but I think that
section perhaps diluted the main message a bit. YMMV.

{smallsort}