TCP/IP for DOS and related API library

2004-04-22 04:10:21 AM
cppbuilder31
I have a client application, running under MSDOS, and developed with Borland
C++ 4.0
It uses a very old TCPIP layer and API library for 2 purposes:
- Exchanging messages with an Unix server (RISC).
- Accessing a directory on the server as a network drive.
Now the server will be replaced with a new model with Linux, which is
incompatible with the very old TCPIP for DOS used in the past. The problem
is it can't mount the remote network drive on the Linux server.
I found a more recent version of TCPIP for DOS, but it only comes with a
Microsoft API library, wich is not recognized by Borland C++ IDE.
Does somebody know where I can find a couple (TCP/IP for DOS and Borland
compatible API library) ?
Thank in advance
Luigi Fonti

Re:TCP/IP for DOS and related API library

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 22:10:21 +0200, "Luigi Fonti"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
I have a client application, running under MSDOS, and developed with Borland
C++ 4.0

It uses a very old TCPIP layer and API library for 2 purposes:

- Exchanging messages with an Unix server (RISC).

- Accessing a directory on the server as a network drive.

Now the server will be replaced with a new model with Linux, which is
incompatible with the very old TCPIP for DOS used in the past. The problem
is it can't mount the remote network drive on the Linux server.

I found a more recent version of TCPIP for DOS, but it only comes with a
Microsoft API library, wich is not recognized by Borland C++ IDE.

Does somebody know where I can find a couple (TCP/IP for DOS and Borland
compatible API library) ?

Thank in advance

Luigi Fonti

I'm sure there are some on the internet.. but if the m.s. one is
available via a dll, you may be able to create an import library, then
make some headers that work.
hth,
Jeff Kish