Re: Multiple Monitors

2005-11-16 10:32:30 PM
cppbuilder6
Sabetay
I have been running BCB 6 on three monitors for several years now. It
works greate to be able to split parts of the IDE into different
monitors. I have several profiles saved to different configurations.
Just one word of caution, if you go multi monitor you will never to
back and like it.
I bought a ATI Radon 7000 dual head video card, cost about $50. I can
run two monitors off this one card. The other card is the one that
came with the machine.
I would highly recommend getting a program called UltraMon if you plan
to use more than one monitor. It has a lot of really usefull tools to
help set everything up the way you want them, and switch around
easily. You can find it at www.ultramon.com
Mike
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 13:45:32 +0200, Sabetay Toros
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

Does anyone have any experience of using multiple monitors under winXP
using BCB6? What is the required hardware? Does any body use the
De{*word*81} and the program with different monitors ? Can any body give a
light on this subject?

Thanks

Sabetay

Re:Re: Multiple Monitors

Hi all,
I got two monitors attached to my stystem, and now I was wondering how I can
create/open a form on the second monitor?
I've been playing around with Screen.Monitors, but that doesn't seem to do
the trick.
I'm using Delphi 7 on a winXP-system.
Any help would be much appreciated,
Regards,
filip.

Re:Re: Multiple Monitors

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:03:11 +0200, fic wrote:
I got two monitors attached to my stystem, and now I was wondering how I can
create/open a form on the second monitor?
I've been playing around with Screen.Monitors, but that doesn't seem to do
the trick.
I'm using Delphi 7 on a winXP-system.
Any help would be much appreciated,
Have you tried setting the form's Monitor property?
--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Multiple Monitors

"Marc Rohloff [TeamB]" <"on request">schreef in bericht
On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:03:11 +0200, fic wrote:

>I got two monitors attached to my stystem, and now I was wondering how I
>can
>create/open a form on the second monitor?
>I've been playing around with Screen.Monitors, but that doesn't seem to
>do
>the trick.
>I'm using Delphi 7 on a winXP-system.
>Any help would be much appreciated,

Have you tried setting the form's Monitor property?

Yes, indeed I have.
All I got was a compiler-error : cannot assign to a read-only property.
This is what I did :
a := TForm.Create(self); //just a small standard form
a.Monitor := Screens.Monitor[1]; -->error
a.ShowModal;
a.Free;

Re:Re: Multiple Monitors

fic wrote:
I got two monitors attached to my stystem, and now I was wondering
how I can create/open a form on the second monitor?
Usually this is simply a matter of setting the left and top property of
the form. If your primary monitor is on the left and has a horizontal
resolution of 1280, set the left property of the form to something like
1380 to get it to show up on the right monitor.
--
-Mike (TeamB)

Re:Re: Multiple Monitors

Yes, and you should use the Screen.Monitors values to compute the Top/Left
positions.
-Atle