C++ magazines.

2006-01-31 06:51:51 AM
cppbuilder109
Hello,
There used to be a magazine called "C++ Informant", are there any
C++ magazines available, especially refering to BDS?

Re:C++ magazines.

Digby Millikan wrote:
Hello,
There used to be a magazine called "C++ Informant", are there any
C++ magazines available, especially refering to BDS?
There is C++ Journal. It is not vendor/compiler specific and you can
subscribe for a small fee for on-line reading.
www.cuj.com

Re:C++ magazines.

"Darko Miletic" wrote:
>There used to be a magazine called "C++ Informant", are there any
>C++ magazines available, especially refering to BDS?

There is C++ Journal. It is not vendor/compiler specific and you can
subscribe for a small fee for on-line reading.

www.cuj.com

CUJ stopped publishing on this February.
Some content may be moved to DDJ.
One online journal with some C++ coverage is www.artima.com/
/Pavel

{smallsort}

Re:C++ magazines.

Darko Miletic wrote:
There is C++ Journal. It is not vendor/compiler specific and you can
subscribe for a small fee for on-line reading.

www.cuj.com
Unfortunately they have just killed C/C++ Users Journal. The February
issue is the last. :-(
tinyurl.com/af79z
Tom

Re:C++ magazines.

Digby Millikan wrote:
Hello,
There used to be a magazine called "C++ Informant", are there any
C++ magazines available, especially refering to BDS?

Have you tried bcbjournal.com?
Steve Imbert

Re:C++ magazines.

Hi Digby,
C++ magazines available, especially refering to BDS?
C++Builder Developer's Journal is covering C++Builder - both the "old"
(BCB5, BCB6) and "new" (BDS4). See bcbjournal.com
Groetjes,
Bob Swart
--
Bob Swart Training & Consultancy (eBob42.com) Borland Technology Partner
Weblog: www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: drbob42.com/weblog.xml

Re:C++ magazines.

C++Builder Developers Journal.
www.bcbjournal.com
Malcolm

"Tamas Demjen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Darko Miletic wrote:

>There is C++ Journal. It is not vendor/compiler specific and you can
>subscribe for a small fee for on-line reading.
>
>www.cuj.com

Unfortunately they have just killed C/C++ Users Journal. The February
issue is the last. :-(
Yeah, I'm so ticked at CMP. When CMP took over CUJ and WDJ, quality went
downhill, and fast. Editing was so lousy at first, that I would find
glaring grammatical and spelling errors in nearly every issue. On top of
that, they got thinner and thinner every month (this last issue of CUJ
[02/06] is only 64 pages, and the last issue of WDJ [12/03] was only 40
pages!). Then they killed WJD (but not before renaming it to the silly
name, "Windows::Developer Magazine"), and now they've killed CUJ too (I had
been a subscriber to CUJ since 1990). The cover letter on CUJ this month
says they'll replace my CUJ subscription with DDJ, and they say, "DDJ...will
expand its coverage..." And that's supposed to make me feel better? I
already don't like DDJ! I cancelled my subscription to DDJ years ago
because it was a waste of my time and money. It's nothing more than a
potpourri of totally unrelated content -- articles nobody else apparently
wanted to publish. Now (yesterday) I get the March issue of DDJ...but is it
any thicker and heavier, including content from the former CUJ and WDJ
publications? No, of course not -- it's only 56 pages (less than CUJ's last
issue). And don't get me started on their websites!
- Dennis

Re:C++ magazines.

"Malcolm Smith" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
C++Builder Developers Journal.

www.bcbjournal.com

Malcolm

Thanks for the reminder, just signed up with PayPal!
Martin