connecting 2 pcs via internet with borland 5.01 (16BIT)

2004-10-08 07:00:05 AM
cppbuilder20
mmm greetings there ...
:
: im using borland 5.01 and i am trying to interconnect 2 computers with eachother over the internet.
: i have to do it with windows (not linux), and it must be DOS (standard ->16 bit).
:
: i am trying to control devices over the internet by means of a simple client server type application but...
:
:
:
:
: well, I have only 2 obstacles in my way so far...
:
: 1-do you know what functions exist for me to connect to a pc, knowing its IP address?
:
: 2-do you know what functions exist for me to obtain a pc's IP address, knowing its name?
:
: oh, and to use these functions, what libraries/classes must be included and where can i get them?
:
:
:
: Thanks and sorry to bother