Which Version for 16-Bit DOS Applications?

2005-05-17 09:52:04 AM
cppbuilder31
I would like to create DOS specific applications with 16-bit
DOS windows and mouse support using C or C++. However, I am
unfamiliar with which BORLAND software and version to use.
Someone suggested Borland C++ Version 5 but before I commit
to this software, I would really like to hear other's
suggestions before I commit to a version. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Re:Which Version for 16-Bit DOS Applications?

frannie wrote:
I would like to create DOS specific applications with 16-bit
DOS windows and mouse support using C or C++. However, I am
unfamiliar with which BORLAND software and version to use.
Someone suggested Borland C++ Version 5 but before I commit
to this software, I would really like to hear other's
suggestions before I commit to a version. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Borland C++ 5.01
antonio

frannie wrote:

I would like to create DOS specific applications with 16-bit
DOS windows and mouse support using C or C++. However, I am
unfamiliar with which BORLAND software and version to use.
Someone suggested Borland C++ Version 5 but before I commit
to this software, I would really like to hear other's
suggestions before I commit to a version. Any advice would be much
appreciated. Thanks!
I used Borland C++ 4.52 and Borland C++ 5.02 for DOS apps (although I
never did anything with the mouse). IIRC, any of the Borland C++
compilers that predated C++ Builder, with the excption of Turbo C++ for
Windows (I think that's what it was called) will do DOS. But I
personally have the most experience with the two versions I mentioned.
4.52 was probably a little more stable, but 5.02 wasn't bad in that
regard and its support for the C++ language was closer to the standard.
--
Bill D. Pirkle
www.worldchessnetwork.com - Where the world plays chess!

{smallsort}