Board index » cppbuilder » Re: bcw 4.5

Re: bcw 4.5


2003-07-03 07:27:53 PM
cppbuilder78
That is the IDE or Integrated Development Environment for Borland C++ 4.5.
Run it and click on Help. Also look around for the manuals.
. Ed
Quote
Bryan wrote in message
news:3f03d275$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

I have been given a pc at work that seems to have bcw 4.5 installed on it.
How can I check this??
Where can I get info on running this??
 
 

Re:Re: bcw 4.5

Hi Ed,
Thanks, I tried that, and when I clicked on bcw.exe, it came up with a file
error -
Cannot find BWCC.DLL
A search on the entire machine for the dll came back with no results.
Thats why I said seems to have this installed, couldn't find any reference
of this existing within the OS (menus, add/remove programs or registry).
Could it have been uninstalled with all directory folders left in tact?
Is this the right exe for the ide?
Also is this the right ng?
Bryan.
"Ed Mulroy [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Quote
That is the IDE or Integrated Development Environment for Borland C++ 4.5.
Run it and click on Help. Also look around for the manuals.

. Ed

>Bryan wrote in message
>news:3f03d275$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>
>I have been given a pc at work that seems to have bcw 4.5 installed on
it.
>How can I check this??
>Where can I get info on running this??


 

Re:Re: bcw 4.5

This or the borlandcpp newsgroup are both ok for this.
BWCC.DLL is the dynamic linked library for the Borland Custom Controls. It
is used by the IDE, BCW.EXE, and often used by programs created with the
IDE. If that file is not on the drive then the compiler is not properly
installed. It would normally be found in the c:\windows\system directory.
Put the instalation CD into the drive and search it for BWCC.DLL and copy
the file to c:\windows\system (or other appropriate place if you are using
Win 2K, NT or XP, such as c:\winnt\system). If you get a lot of things like
that it might be best to uninstall the compiler and install it again.
. Ed
Quote
Bryan wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

Thanks, I tried that, and when I clicked on bcw.exe, it came
up with a file error -
Cannot find BWCC.DLL
A search on the entire machine for the dll came back with no
results. Thats why I said seems to have this installed, couldn't
find any reference of this existing within the OS (menus,
add/remove programs or registry). Could it have been uninstalled
with all directory folders left in tact?

Is this the right exe for the ide?
Also is this the right ng?
 

{smallsort}

Re:Re: bcw 4.5

Bryan wrote:
Quote
Hi Ed,

Thanks, I tried that, and when I clicked on bcw.exe, it came up with a file
error -
Cannot find BWCC.DLL
A search on the entire machine for the dll came back with no results.
Thats why I said seems to have this installed, couldn't find any reference
of this existing within the OS (menus, add/remove programs or registry).
Could it have been uninstalled with all directory folders left in tact?

Is this the right exe for the ide?
Also is this the right ng?

Bryan.


"Ed Mulroy [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news:3f04133f$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>That is the IDE or Integrated Development Environment for Borland C++ 4.5.
>Run it and click on Help. Also look around for the manuals.
>
>. Ed
>
>
>>Bryan wrote in message
>>news:3f03d275$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>
>>I have been given a pc at work that seems to have bcw 4.5 installed on

it.

>>How can I check this??
>>Where can I get info on running this??
>
>


Bryan:
Please check the window View->Folder Options->View
verify that the "Hide file extenions...." is unchecked.
You will probably find the DLL you want.
Best,
Bill
 

Re:Re: bcw 4.5

Ed Mulroy [TeamB] wrote:
Quote
BWCC.DLL should be in a place where the OS can find it. For 16 bit Windows
3.1x or Wfwg and under Win 95 or 98 that might be c:\windows\system. On XP
and probably Win 2K and NT that might be c:\winnt\system.

If you do not have a BWCC.DLL on your drive then load a new copy from the
compiler's distribution CD. You can search for the DLL on your drive by
opening a command window and giving this command:

dir /s c:\bwcc.dll


This newsgroup is an ok place for that question.

. Ed


>Bill Hudspeth wrote
>
>>Thanks, I tried that, and when I clicked on bcw.exe, it came up with a

file

>>error -
>>Cannot find BWCC.DLL
>>A search on the entire machine for the dll came back with no results.
>>Thats why I said seems to have this installed, couldn't find any

reference

>>of this existing within the OS (menus, add/remove programs or registry).
>>Could it have been uninstalled with all directory folders left in tact?
>>
>>Is this the right exe for the ide?
>>Also is this the right ng?



Yes, Ed.
Did you have an answer for my question below?
Thanks,
Bill
 

Re:Re: bcw 4.5

Quote
Did you have an answer for my question below?
Other than removing some of the blank lines I have placed a copy of your
entire message following this. No question is below where you asked that.
I know of no question you have asked me that I have not answered.
. Ed
Quote
Bill Hudspeth wrote in message
news:3f2813bf$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Ed Mulroy [TeamB] wrote:
>BWCC.DLL should be in a place where the OS can find it.
>For 16 bit Windows 3.1x or Wfwg and under Win 95 or 98
>that might be c:\windows\system. On XP and probably
>Win 2K and NT that might be c:\winnt\system.
>
>If you do not have a BWCC.DLL on your drive then load a
>new copy from the compiler's distribution CD. You can
>search for the DLL on your drive by opening a command
>window and giving this command:
>
>dir /s c:\bwcc.dll
>
>This newsgroup is an ok place for that question.
>
>. Ed
>
>
>>Bill Hudspeth wrote
>>
>>>Thanks, I tried that, and when I clicked on bcw.exe,
>>>it came up with a file
>
>>>error -
>>>Cannot find BWCC.DLL
>>>A search on the entire machine for the dll came back
>>>with no results. Thats why I said seems to have this
>>>installed, couldn't find any reference
>
>>>of this existing within the OS (menus, add/remove programs
>>>or registry).
>>>Could it have been uninstalled with all directory folders left in tact?
>>>
>>>Is this the right exe for the ide?
>>>Also is this the right ng?
>

Yes, Ed.

Did you have an answer for my question below?

Thanks,

Bill
 

Re:Re: bcw 4.5

Quote
I did not write these lines!
Of course you did. Those lines were copied automatically from your message
when I clicked to reply to it.
. Ed
 

Re:Re: bcw 4.5

Ed Mulroy [TeamB] wrote:
Quote
>I did not write these lines!


Of course you did. Those lines were copied automatically from your message
when I clicked to reply to it.

. Ed

//---------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Ed,
Thanks, I tried that, and when I clicked on bcw.exe, it came up with a file
error -
Cannot find BWCC.DLL
A search on the entire machine for the dll came back with no results.
Thats why I said seems to have this installed, couldn't find any reference
of this existing within the OS (menus, add/remove programs or registry).
Could it have been uninstalled with all directory folders left in tact?
Is this the right exe for the ide?
Also is this the right ng?
Bryan.
//-----------------------------------------------------------------
Wake up Ed. Here's the original text from Bryan.
Bill
 

Re:Re: bcw 4.5

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:41:00 -0700, Bill Hudspeth < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:
Quote
Thanks, I tried that, and when I clicked on bcw.exe, it came up with a file
error -
Cannot find BWCC.DLL
A search on the entire machine for the dll came back with no results.
Thats why I said seems to have this installed, couldn't find any reference
of this existing within the OS (menus, add/remove programs or registry).
Could it have been uninstalled with all directory folders left in tact?

Is this the right exe for the ide?
Also is this the right ng?
The error message you are getting is quite common when BC++ v4.5x is
installed on a Win32 system with a "widows directory" not in "C:\Windows".
You see, BC++ v4.5x was from pre-Win98 (BC++ v4.52 was released about the
same time as the original Win95, IIRC). so Windows was still in
C:\Windows, and the old installer assumed that to be true. The installer
actually puts about 7-8 DLL's in C:\Windows\System (IIRC) where they would
be found in the system path. On a WinNT, or Win2K system, this directory
does not normally exist, and is therefore not in the system's PATH.
Usually you only need to add that directory to your path and the problem is
resolved (at least it was for me in Win2K Pro)...
Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
--
www.teamb.com XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Please do *NOT* send private e-mail without prior permission (my anti-spam
filters will probably just delete it anyway <g>)
 

Re:Re: bcw 4.5

Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB) wrote:
Quote
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:41:00 -0700, Bill Hudspeth < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:


>Thanks, I tried that, and when I clicked on bcw.exe, it came up with a file
>error -
>Cannot find BWCC.DLL
>A search on the entire machine for the dll came back with no results.
>Thats why I said seems to have this installed, couldn't find any reference
>of this existing within the OS (menus, add/remove programs or registry).
>Could it have been uninstalled with all directory folders left in tact?
>
>Is this the right exe for the ide?
>Also is this the right ng?


The error message you are getting is quite common when BC++ v4.5x is
installed on a Win32 system with a "widows directory" not in "C:\Windows".
You see, BC++ v4.5x was from pre-Win98 (BC++ v4.52 was released about the
same time as the original Win95, IIRC). so Windows was still in
C:\Windows, and the old installer assumed that to be true. The installer
actually puts about 7-8 DLL's in C:\Windows\System (IIRC) where they would
be found in the system path. On a WinNT, or Win2K system, this directory
does not normally exist, and is therefore not in the system's PATH.
Usually you only need to add that directory to your path and the problem is
resolved (at least it was for me in Win2K Pro)...

Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
I put BCW.EXE in a separate directory and ran it repeatedly to
identify the missing DLLs. I found 10 file and will provide
the filelist to anyone who wishes.
Now when I run BCW I see one message: Cannot Load - Bcwprj.dll"
Is there a way to use only these files without having to instal
BC4.5? .
Thanks,
Bill
 

Re:Re: bcw 4.5

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:00:07 -0700, Bill Hudspeth < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:
Quote
I put BCW.EXE in a separate directory and ran it repeatedly to
identify the missing DLLs. I found 10 file and will provide
the filelist to anyone who wishes.

Now when I run BCW I see one message: Cannot Load - Bcwprj.dll"
Is there a way to use only these files without having to instal
BC4.5? .
BCW is a windows program, and generally speaking, running a Windows
program requires installing it first, especially when the program is a
complex set of compiler tools...
Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
--
www.teamb.com XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Please do *NOT* send private e-mail without prior permission (my anti-spam
filters will probably just delete it anyway <g>)