BCB6 TDBComboBox derivation problem

2003-11-06 01:45:32 AM
cppbuilder4
I derive a component from TDBComboBox and override the ComboWndProc method.
In my override I call:
TDBComboBox::ComboWndProc(Message,ComboWnd,ComboProc);
Source compiles OK, but when I link I get:
[Linker Error] Unresolved external '__fastcall
Dbctrls::TDBComboBox::ComboWndProc(Messages::TMessage&, int, void *)'
referenced from C:\PROGRAM
FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER6\LIB\RELEASE\VCLE.LIB|_t_Dbctr
Evidently TDBComboBox::ComboWndProc(Message,ComboWnd,ComboProc); was not
built into any BPL. Also I don't know why VCLE.LIB is looking for it since I
am building with packages. However I didn't see any VCLE.BPI anywhere, which
is another mystery.
Any solution to this problem or am I just scotched from attempting to derive
a new component from TDBComboBox and override ComboWndProc ?

Re:BCB6 TDBComboBox derivation problem

Edward Diener wrote:
I derive a component from TDBComboBox and override the ComboWndProc
method. In my override I call:

TDBComboBox::ComboWndProc(Message,ComboWnd,ComboProc);

Source compiles OK, but when I link I get:

[Linker Error] Unresolved external '__fastcall
Dbctrls::TDBComboBox::ComboWndProc(Messages::TMessage&, int, void *)'
referenced from C:\PROGRAM
FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER6\LIB\RELEASE\VCLE.LIB|_t_Dbctr

Evidently TDBComboBox::ComboWndProc(Message,ComboWnd,ComboProc); was
not built into any BPL. Also I don't know why VCLE.LIB is looking for
it since I am building with packages. However I didn't see any
VCLE.BPI anywhere, which is another mystery.

Any solution to this problem or am I just scotched from attempting to
derive a new component from TDBComboBox and override ComboWndProc ?
Solution using #pragma alias has already been given in another NG, so no
response is necessary.

Edward Diener wrote:
Edward Diener wrote:

>I derive a component from TDBComboBox and override the ComboWndProc
>method. In my override I call:
>
>TDBComboBox::ComboWndProc(Message,ComboWnd,ComboProc);
>
>Source compiles OK, but when I link I get:
>
>[Linker Error] Unresolved external '__fastcall
>Dbctrls::TDBComboBox::ComboWndProc(Messages::TMessage&, int, void *)'
>referenced from C:\PROGRAM
>FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER6\LIB\RELEASE\VCLE.LIB|_t_Dbctr
>
>Evidently TDBComboBox::ComboWndProc(Message,ComboWnd,ComboProc); was
>not built into any BPL. Also I don't know why VCLE.LIB is looking for
>it since I am building with packages. However I didn't see any
>VCLE.BPI anywhere, which is another mystery.
>
>Any solution to this problem or am I just scotched from attempting to
>derive a new component from TDBComboBox and override ComboWndProc ?

Solution using #pragma alias has already been given in another NG, so no
response is necessary.

But i have the same Problem. Where can i find the solution using #pragma?
thanks
Mauritius Thinnes

{smallsort}