TFrame components being duplicated in a form

2004-05-04 10:17:56 PM
cppbuilder27
Hello
I have a TFrame that has 3 components on it: a panel, a scrollbox and
another panel within the scrollbox.
The application which uses the TFrame dynamically adds components to the 2
panels by assigning the Parent property of the controls to the panel when
they are created. This was working fine last week, but now I am finding
that the application has created duplicates of the 3 controls within the
form that have the same names.
When I edit the Form itself, I have the TFrame only, but after running the
application there is now a TFrame, plus the TPanel, TScrollBox and TPanel
copies which have the form as their parent (well the second duplicate TPanel
is in the duplicate TScrollBox).
Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong here?
Ciao
Bill

Re:TFrame components being duplicated in a form

A correction on the explanation of the problem:
"William Charles Nickerson" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
When I edit the Form itself, I have the TFrame only, but after running the
application there is now a TFrame, plus the TPanel, TScrollBox and TPanel
copies which have the form as their parent (well the second duplicate
TPanel
is in the duplicate TScrollBox).
The duplicate components actually have the same parents (at least, the
parent has the
same name). The duplicate of the second TPanel is in the duplicate
TScrollBox.
For example the structure looks something like this:
TheForm
+TheFrame
+Panel1
+DynamicControl1