How to be a QC Sysop?

2005-10-25 01:49:06 PM
cppbuilder107
Anyone knows what the criteria is for being a QC sysop? And how can Borland
be certain that a bug is always triaged by the sysop and not just simply
ignored?

Re:How to be a QC Sysop?

Zach Saw wrote:
Anyone knows what the criteria is for being a QC sysop? And how can Borland
be certain that a bug is always triaged by the sysop and not just simply
ignored?
You'll probably get better answers to these questions in
borland.public.bdn.qualitycentral. Followups have been directed there.
Any "level N" sysop can promote someone to "level N-1". Level 0 is a
normal user, so in practice this means that a level 2 sysop can promote
someone to level 1, level 3 can promote to level 2, etc.
I don't think there are any formal criteria, but basically you'd want to
be looking for people who demonstrate an ability to create and recognize
a high quality report from a low quality one.
I think it's possible to get a list of all reports whose status is
"Reported" and that are over a certain age (ex. reports that have been
"Reported" for over 2 weeks). Whether anyone actually does this or not,
I don't know, but it's possible, and it would be a good way of making
sure reports don't just languish.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:How to be a QC Sysop?

I think I asked John this question... in 24h of Dexter, but didn't get
answered :)
If Borland really cares about quality, the reported bugs should be the first
ones to look at... there're tonnes of those that aren't easily reported. I'm
facing one right as we speak I'm afraid...
"Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Zach Saw wrote:
>Anyone knows what the criteria is for being a QC sysop? And how can
>Borland be certain that a bug is always triaged by the sysop and not just
>simply ignored?

You'll probably get better answers to these questions in
borland.public.bdn.qualitycentral. Followups have been directed there.

Any "level N" sysop can promote someone to "level N-1". Level 0 is a
normal user, so in practice this means that a level 2 sysop can promote
someone to level 1, level 3 can promote to level 2, etc.

I don't think there are any formal criteria, but basically you'd want to
be looking for people who demonstrate an ability to create and recognize a
high quality report from a low quality one.

I think it's possible to get a list of all reports whose status is
"Reported" and that are over a certain age (ex. reports that have been
"Reported" for over 2 weeks). Whether anyone actually does this or not, I
don't know, but it's possible, and it would be a good way of making sure
reports don't just languish.

--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

{smallsort}

Re:How to be a QC Sysop?

Zach --
I promote to sysop people who are active in QC. Active can mean any or
all of the following:
Submitting good reports
Adding good comments to reports
Rating Lots of reports
Posting in the newsgroups about reports that need to be looked
at/opened/closed or otherwise acted on.
--
Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Lemanix Corporation -- www.lemanix.com